What's new

WTF? Three wires to the tweeter? (1 Viewer)

Tab Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
So, I ordered some speakers from Part Express recently, as I am building a REALLY budget pair of speakers for my brother.

Anywho, I get the order, everything is fine until I looks at the back of one of the two tweeters. Three wires. One Red, one Black, and one Yellow.

Check it out here.

WTF?

How can I hook these up?

Tab Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I should mention that I DO know that these are for automotive audio applications, but it will do fine for what he wants it for....

Is the third wire like a common or something?

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
That picture doesnt show any wires but I did notice that it only handles 15/30 watts of power. That gonna be enough?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Based on that info, I would say that wire is for the "built in phase shield". Not exactly sure what that does, but since it gives response data for with and without it, I would expect you can leave that wire disconnected. Was there no wiring diagram with the tweeter?

Tab Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, 15-30 watts should be good for what hes using it for... replacement speakers for a bookshelf stereo.

The one thing that dissappointed me about about Parts Express, is none of the stuff I ordered came with any specs, diagrams, even individual boxes.

Maybe I'll take pic with my digital camera later so I can show you exactly what it looks like....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks