Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

No Gilmore Girls spin-off

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,845 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 08:39 AM

Quote:
BACK TO STARS HOLLOW: The WB scrapping a proposed Gilmore Girls spinoff, which would have starred Milo Ventimiglia, because the cost of shooting on location in Venice, California, was prohibitive.

http://www.eonline.c.../firstlook.html
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Rob Willey

Rob Willey

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 09:46 AM

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping we'd seen the last of Jess on GG. Now they might be tempted to bring him back.

Rob
"That suits me down to the ground."

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 12:46 PM

Bummer. I'd heard they were also having trouble finding a show-runner (WB didn't want Dan Palladino off Gilmore Girls). Too bad, because I like Ventimiglia but feel the character has run its course, and really did like the looks of the location shooting in the back-door pilot.

So, now what show will be first off the bench when Tarzan & Jane some random show crashes and burns?
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...