-

Photo
- - - - -

Steve Winwood

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Tom McDonald

Tom McDonald

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 04:47 AM

Anyone else heard the new Steve Winwood cd yet? I have listened to it several times and am thrilled that he has finally gone way back to his Traffic days with the sound, very much like Low Spark and I think it is quite good, Posted Image from me.
Tommc

#2 of 5 Mark All

Mark All

Second Unit

• 256 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 05:28 AM

Steve Winwood's new release "About Time" is one of the best new recordings I've bought in the last couple of years. Winwood has released "About Time" on his own independent label. He's working heavily with his Hammond organ again, a great guitarist, and a lot of latin percussion. I can't think of a stand-out track--they're all good to my ears and the CD runs about 70 minutes. A lot of the tracks have extended instrumental jams. I think it's his best work since the mid-80s and possibly equal to the work he did with Traffic. I'll have to listen to it a few more times before I'm sure about that though.

I'd say he's got his Mojo back. Seems like going independent has profound artistic benefits.
Audio, ergo sum.

#3 of 5 KevinJ

KevinJ

Supporting Actor

• 558 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 12:01 PM

the label he's on is distributed through sci fidelity[string cheese incident's label]btw

#4 of 5 Rob M.

Rob M.

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 05:14 PM

I'm a long-time fan and I agree; this is the best record he's made in ages (I could do without "Why Can't We Live Together," though--just too repetative). It sounds more like Traffic than Far From Home (an album I like, by the way).

I posted a thread asking this the other day, but no one answered--do you guys have any of the Traffic remasters? Bestbuy.com has some for about 8 bucks right now, and I'm thinking about replacing/adding to my collection.
"So if you want my address it's number one at the end of the bar
Where I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars."

#5 of 5 John Tillman

John Tillman

Supporting Actor

• 598 posts

Posted June 25 2003 - 04:40 AM

Quote:
I posted a thread asking this the other day, but no one answered--do you guys have any of the Traffic remasters?

Picked up John Barleycorn which sounds great to me. Was going to grab the Low Spark remaster based on that experience but found a cheap MSFL instead.
__
JT