Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer VSX 45TX - Questions about setup

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   CullenLJ

CullenLJ

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 01:23 AM

I recently purchased a VSX-45TX -- I am enjoying the new things but have 2 setup questions. 1 -- should I run my component inputs for my HDTV and DVD thru the amp. The setup directions allow for this and I was wondering what are the pro's or cons of this .. 2 -- I have my sub-woofer and speaker running thru the amp. I can run the speakers thru the subwoofer (Klipsch high end speakers). With this amp, why would I want to bypass the speaker connections and run speakers thru the subwoofer.Again what are the pro's and cons of this setup. everyones $.02 is appreciated

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   David Judah

David Judah

Screenwriter

• 1,479 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 02:48 AM

1. I suggest you run your video directly into the TV. The 45's component switching is rated to 40 MHz, so while it might technically have the bandwidth, I wouldn't want to risk it with my HD signal. Besides, there's the extra expense of an additional component cable and risk of loss through the extra run. 2. I suggest you run your amp outputs directly to the speakers and use the sub out to the line level input on your subwoofer. That way you'll be using the receiver's crossover(adjustable at 50, 80, 100, 150, or 200 Hz)instead of the subs for the front channels. You'll get better seperation, and again, less risk of loss through a shorter signal path. Congrats on the purchase. It's a very nice receiver with alot of processing power. DJ
Lecktor: Then how did you catch me?
Graham: You had disadvantages.
Lecktor: What disadvantages?
Graham: You're insane.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer

Producer

• 3,759 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 03:25 PM

I have a 45tx and an HD ready set with 2 sets of component inputs. I run 2 dvd players via componenent into the receiver (one a scaling JVC for 4/3 movies because it puts black bars on the sides, and one a Panny with Faroudja chip for anamorphic) and from the receiver to one set of component inputs on the set. I run my HD box's component cables direct to the set's other component inputs.
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve_Moo

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 06:59 AM

If you don't mine me asking how much did you pay for the 45TX. I'm looking into purchasing and the cheapest I have found was $745 shipped. Steve

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   CullenLJ

CullenLJ

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 11:31 AM

No -- I do not mind your asking. I bought it locally since I was told and the forum kinda backed up the fact that Pioneer Elite purchased on line might have warranty problems. Best I got was $899 from a local retailer but got 18 months free financing -- which depending on your theory's of present value of money, eased the pain somewhat. Yes I overpaid -- but it was not worth a couple of hundred dollars if I had problems and ran into warranty hassles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users