Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sorry tivo sellers...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 DougP

DougP

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted June 18 2003 - 11:07 AM

I had to share this information after I got my order in (in case they run out :-).

After watching ebay auctions for the last 2 weeks and seeing prices on used series 1 Tivos running around $130 to $190 plus shipping (and tax in some cases) I found an excellent source that I can't keep to myself..

No, I don't work with/for them, I just figured there's others out there looking for a cheap series 1 to hack and expand! Anyway, I just made my order, I haven't actually received it yet so I could be giving bum information but...

www.servicedvr.com has "buy a tivo" link - you can buy a refurbished (Philips factory authorized) unit of varying type. If you want to hack, just get a 14 hour series 1 at $90 (plus ship of course). Much better than the $120 plus $25 shipping I was thinking I had to pay on Ebay (IF I could get a good auction).

Anyway - do with it as you may! Just tryin' to help out!

-Doug