Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sorry tivo sellers...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   DougP

DougP

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted June 18 2003 - 11:07 AM

I had to share this information after I got my order in (in case they run out :-).

After watching ebay auctions for the last 2 weeks and seeing prices on used series 1 Tivos running around $130 to $190 plus shipping (and tax in some cases) I found an excellent source that I can't keep to myself..

No, I don't work with/for them, I just figured there's others out there looking for a cheap series 1 to hack and expand! Anyway, I just made my order, I haven't actually received it yet so I could be giving bum information but...

www.servicedvr.com has "buy a tivo" link - you can buy a refurbished (Philips factory authorized) unit of varying type. If you want to hack, just get a 14 hour series 1 at $90 (plus ship of course). Much better than the $120 plus $25 shipping I was thinking I had to pay on Ebay (IF I could get a good auction).

Anyway - do with it as you may! Just tryin' to help out!

-Doug