Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Freddy vs Jason "Fox Chicago" in the morning Report!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

• 1,130 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 09:34 AM

Here is something interesting I found for you guys that are interested in this movie... They were doing Freddy vs Jason promotion in Chicago this weekend... Robert Englund was the guest of the day over at Fox Chicago 32...

This is not my report... It is one I found that I know a few of you would be interested in... The show took place early this morning...

"FOX 32 Freddy vs Jason Report"

Robert Englund got pretty much promotion off the first hour of the program... The recapped the trailer clips about 3-5 times...

They showed him hanging out with the weather lady who was giving the weather report... He was wearing his glove and he said Nightmare on something street... The name of the street. I forget it... It was a joke I think because of the backed up traffic...

They flashed a coming next thing that said Freddys Sidekick: It then showed him holding this really small dog in a basket... The dog is from a line of popular books... I have never read any of the books, so I didnt know the dog... The dog looked funny as hell... It had this really long tounge...

The interview showed the guy reporter and Robert outside of chicago talking about the movie... They just mentioned the name of the movie and when it's coming out... They did not go into specific details at all... They showed clips from Freddy vs Jason as well as the first Elm Street movie...

The reporter just was saying how popular Freddy was back in the day and did Robert ever expect it... Robert said it was a big surprise. They also talked about how the first movie came to be... About how Wes Craven read the newspaper and how Wes Craven and his family when they were younger were stalked at their house by this homeless guy who had a scared face and wore a hat...

The reporter said he was looking forward to the movie. He has his money on Freddy he said. He also said that he thinks that no one could ever replace Englund in Freddy's role... He said he meant that in a really good way...

The reporter did ask What took so long??? This is something he thought he would have expected to have seen years ago... Robert then talked about the change of heads at New Line and the rewrites...

Robert also mentioned that in Las Vegas, there is actually a betting thing on who will win... I found that kind of funny and ridiculous all at the same time...

There are one or two things I think I am missing...

All in all, it was an interesting show... Robert did get acceptable screentime on the first hour of the news show.... He was their guest of the day....

This did seem like a pretty cool and relaxed news program... One of the more interesting ones I have seen. None of the reporters appear to be popus at all... They had a few different entertaining things going on in the show... They also had Jennifer Connely from The Hulk and that book dog...

The show reminds me of an entertaining starbucks like talk program mixed in with the news...