Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Sunrise DVD question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,081 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 08:24 AM

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, I can't seem to find any info on it. I've been very interested in getting a copy of Sunrise, which Fox offers for free if you purchase three of their Studio Classics line. The website says that more information will be included with the eligible DVDs. I purchased three Studio Classics titles, all brand new, and not one of them included any sort of information about Sunrise at all. No coupon to mail in, no address, nothing. One of the DVDs had a sticker on the front saying "Purchase 3 Studio Classics and get Sunrise free by mail" but upon opening the DVD, there was no further information.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice?

Josh

#2 of 10 Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 08:43 AM

That's odd.

All of the Fox Classics I've purchased had a little insert to fill out and attach the proofs of purchase to in order to get the Sunrise DVD.

I'm sure someone here must have an extra one kicking around they can mail to you (I'd be happy to once I get The Song of Bernadette).

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#3 of 10 Jean Paul Villeneuve

Jean Paul Villeneuve

Second Unit

• 259 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 08:52 AM

Josh

YGM Posted Image

Jean Paul
Posted Image
Master Trader at HOME THEATER FORUM
Gold Trader at DVD TALK

#4 of 10 Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis

Second Unit

• 491 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 10:30 AM

Has someone else encountered delivery problems? As written in another thread , after 10 weeks, I'm losing hope...

Cheers,

Vincent

#5 of 10 Matthew Watson

Matthew Watson

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 09:58 AM

I too have a Sunrise dvd question - sorry to hijack the (somewhat dormant) thread.

I picked up Sunrise last night at a used dvd local - $10. I'm happy as can be, but I was wondering if anyone who got it through the mail can tell me if there was an insert in their copies.

I have no complaints whatsoever if I'm missing it - more curious as to what was on it if anything.

Much appreciated.

#6 of 10 Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,263 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 10:01 AM

No insert in mine.

#7 of 10 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 10:22 AM

I am enviuos of the folk who have Sunrise at the moment, but soon I will have my own copy,

Either through the boxset in october or the r2 version that is coming out in January 2004 through Eureka Video in the UK

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#8 of 10 Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 10:33 AM

Quote:
I have no complaints whatsoever if I'm missing it - more curious as to what was on it if anything.
Mine has one. I received mine earlier this year. It has the chapter listing & picture of a poster & 3 stills from the film & a fair bit of text.
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#9 of 10 CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,294 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted July 31 2003 - 11:55 AM

I just got mine a week or two ago, and it had an insert. We had been waiting a fair while for new stock from Fox in Canada, so I don't think the inserts have been discontinued.

#10 of 10 Matthew Watson

Matthew Watson

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
Mine has one. I received mine earlier this year. It has the chapter listing & picture of a poster & 3 stills from the film & a fair bit of text.

Dang.

Oh well. Thanks, all.

Forum Nav Content I Follow