-

Photo
- - - - -

does this sound like a rptv or cable problem...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Pat_DiLella

Pat_DiLella

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 05:04 AM

Hello all, I am looking for a some help on this - a couple of weeks ago I purchased a 46” Sony KP46WT500 RPTV. I have it hooked up to a DVR cable box from Time Warner. I get the basic cable, digital cable, and showtime movie channels. I have noticed that when I am watching one of the showtime channels the screen”freezes” periodically for a second or 2. It happens about once per hour. The audio portion is ok but the video feed “freezes” and will distort until it corrects itself a short time later. I have only noticed this on the pay movie channels so far, not on any of the other ones. Could it be a problem with the tv itself or mabye the cable signal? I am concerned that it might be the tv but since it only happens on the movie channels maybe it’s the cable signal? Anybody else ever had this happen?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Clark F

Clark F

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 06:19 AM

I have Comcast Digital and it has happened from time to time since I got digital. It is not always on pay channels and it also occurred on my direct view TV. I have also had the STB lock up and had to unplug it to get it to work. I assume it is the Comcast feed or the STB.