Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Making a front firing sub down firing?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Mark Leitch

Mark Leitch

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted June 15 2003 - 03:06 PM

I have a pair of DPL12 based subs (18x18x24, sealed) that I am very pleased with. I have played around with many, many positions and it has been very educational... thanks to all who have brought me this far (especially Jack G...). Now... I am debating turning these into downfiring subs. The cabinets are very nice and I am very leary of, say, putting in some threaded anchors and adding some 4" legs. Any suggestions for a non-intrusive way to make them down firing? I was thinking of building a frame and putting them into the frame... with worst case some form of shim or "stiction device" ™ so they do not rock.. any better suggestions? FYI... I am aware the DPL12 is borderline for down-firing. I am willing to go ahead and try this anyway (I believe Adire said I would lose on the order of .25db.. and beyond that they did not see any problem with it). Thx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users