What's new

How Childproof are the Samsung DLP Screens? (1 Viewer)

Jim Noble

Grip
I'm pretty attracted to the Samsung 60" DLP set, for all the usual reasons.

However, I have a 2 year old and another on the way. My Toshiba 50" RPTV has held up to kid abuse pretty well (banging on the screen when Barney appears).

Will this destroy the DLP screen? Is there a viable screen protection option?

Thanks.

Don Petsche

Agent
I've got the HLN5065W. I also have a 16 month old boy, and 2 girls 7 and 5. In the last 2 months, it has withstood a direct hit by a kicked soccer ball, and consistant hand slaps while my boy enjoys "the wiggles". I feel I'm pretty darn lucky regarding the soccer ball, the frame absorbed most of the shock. It could have just as easily hit in the middle and shattered.

I clean the finger prints off every other day with a soft cloth, so far so good. I don't expect any further withstanding of flying debris (my kids have since been warned), but the little one's enthusiastic pointing and slapping isn't going to cease any time soon.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
My 7yr old daughter loves to touch the TV screen (my current 27" JVC tube TV) for some reason and leaves her fingerprints on the glass all the time.

Hope she grows out of this by the time I get a HLN507!

Good to know that a soft cloth cleans the fingerprints.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks