-

Photo
- - - - -

Looking forward to the new Project Greenlight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter

• 1,099 posts

Posted June 13 2003 - 05:07 PM

Looks like the new Project Greenlight will be starting soon. If you go to the website, you can download the scripts and demo movies.

An interesting thing they did was to give the final 4 director candidates a very generic script, and ask them all to shoot it. They had to follow it word for word, and could not add any words, and could only change 3 of the words.

The results are pretty damn cool. Check em out here.
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"

#2 of 5 Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

Posted June 16 2003 - 06:06 AM

I am really looking forward to the new season as well. I loved the first season, but never did see the movie... is it worthwhile?

I have already seen the new Project Greenlight film - The Battle of Shaker Heights, and really didn't care for it much at all. However, it will still be cool to see the show with the movie already in my head.

#3 of 5 DeborahK

DeborahK

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 08:08 AM

I never saw the show, but I did see the first Project Green Light film. In my opinion is was pretty blah -- nothing great and was more suited to be an Afternoon Special for the kiddies than a theatrical release. It was pretty clear that it was directed by a novice and it really dragged in places.

Deborah

#4 of 5 MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 08:57 AM

Looking forward to the second season too, and I will probably try and rent "Stolen Summer" soon - still haven't seen it. Posted Image

Are Ben Affleck and Chris Moore still behind this thing? They were very entertaining. Posted Image
/Mike

#5 of 5 Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

Posted June 16 2003 - 09:02 AM

Yes, they are... Chris was at the screening I went to of the new film, so I assume he is still involved and I just read a thread started by Ben Affleck over at the PGL website about how they selected the winning director(s).