Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wireless Video Transfer (PC-to-TV)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Corey Albers

Corey Albers

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted June 12 2003 - 06:42 AM

I'm looking to transfer video wirelessly from my PC to my Television ... Are there any wireless video products that can do this?

I don't think 802.11b etc. will work, since I won't have another PC near the TV to receive and process the data. Essentially, it would output composite video from the PC's video card, and then wirelessly transfer to a receiver that can input directly into the composite inputs on the TV.

Any suggestions? This is to watch MLB.TV games on my TV...

Thanks.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Gary_E

Gary_E

Second Unit

• 370 posts

Posted June 12 2003 - 07:58 AM

Corey,

I use this product from Radio Shack to send audio/video throughout my house to TVs in other rooms. I bought it when it was on sale for $69.00.
http://www.radioshac......5Fid=15-2572

I bought some high quality, long length cables from here:
http://store.yahoo.c...ware/index.html
to hook up between the PC and the sending unit. You may also need a S-Video to Composite converter if your PC card has an S-Video out.

The system works best when sender unit is mounted as high as possible off the floor. It is not a perfect solution and can be susceptible to interference. You need to experiment with different locations to get it to perform at it's best. I have multiple senders from different PCs to multiple receivers at different TVs.

Regards,
-Gary

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Corey Albers

Corey Albers

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted June 12 2003 - 08:54 AM

thanks Gary... This seems like a good solution.

I did just find out that MLB.TV games are blacked-out in each team's home market, so there goes my main reason for using needing such a unit -- to watch Angels' away games which are hardly ever televised...