-

Photo
- - - - -

Mits 65908 switching between YPbPr and RGBHV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor

• 660 posts

Posted June 12 2003 - 03:41 AM

I recently got a Zektor component video switcher so I could have multiple HD inputs (my set has only one 1080i input). It seems to be working fine most of the time, but a few times I've had trouble going between my YPbPr cable signal and my RGBHV HTPC signal.

Most of the time, my Mits is able to switch just fine. It takes a second or two to sync up with the different signal, but it works. On one occasion, though, the TV actually turned itself off when I switched from cable to HTPC. It wasn't until I switched to an empty signal (my unpowered Xbox) and then to HTPC that it worked.

One thing that I find interesting is that I can view both YPbPr and RGBHV signals on the DTV input without changing the setting in the TV's menu. If you go in the menu to the first option on the left ("settings", I think) and then assign inputs, there's an option to set DTV to either YPbPr or RGBHV. I've got mine set to YPbPr, but it seems to work fine on both types of signals. So I'm confused about how I'm able to view both signals if there's an explicit setting in the menu. I know if I change the setting to RGBHV, my cable doesn't display correctly. But, if I have it set to YPbPr, everything seems fine. *shrug*
My DVDs ~ Beat Portfolio