teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Title: Transformers

Tagline: Their war. Our world.

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Action

Director: Michael Bay

Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor, Anthony Anderson, Jon Voight, John Turturro, Michael O'Neill, Kevin Dunn, Julie White, Amaury Nolasco, Zack Ward, Patrick Mulderrig, Luis Echagarruga, Michael Trisler, Brian Shehan, Ashkan Kashanchi, Rizwan Manji, William Morgan Sheppard, C.J. Thomason, Bernie Mac, Carlos Moreno Jr., Johnny Sanchez, John Robinson, Travis Van Winkle, Peter Jacobson, Glenn Morshower, Frederic Doss, Charlie Bodin, Joshua Feinman, Chris Ellis, Brian Stepanek, Steven Ford, Michael Shamus Wiles, Andy Milder, Craig Barnett, Brian Prescott, Scott Peat, Colleen Porch, Jamie McBride, Wiley M. Pickett, Samantha Smith, Ravi Patel, Rick Gomez, Andy Domingues, Mike Fisher, Colin Fickes, Tom Lenk, Jamison Yang, Esther Scott, Madison Mason, Jeremy Jojola, Jessica Kartalija, Andrew Altonji, Andrew Lewis Caldwell, J.P. Manoux, Pete Gardner, Sophie Bobal, Laurel Garner, Chip Hormess, Ray Toth, Michael Adams, Ron Henry, Benjamin Hoffman, Michael McNabb, Jason White, Adam Ratajczak, Maja Kljun, Michelle Pierce, Odette Annable, Bob Stephenson, Mason Rock Bay, Peter Cullen, Mark Ryan, Darius McCrary, Robert Foxworth, Jess Harnell, Hugo Weaving, Jimmie Wood, Reno Wilson, Charlie Adler, Michael Bay, Colton Haynes, Brian Reece, Robert Gerrits

Release: 2007-06-27

Runtime: 143

Plot: Young teenager Sam Witwicky becomes involved in the ancient struggle between two extraterrestrial factions of transforming robots – the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons. Sam holds the clue to unimaginable power and the Decepticons will stop at nothing to retrieve it.

Finally, my dream has come true, as a Transformers live-action movie is in the works!

I think it'll probably be all CGI with some human characters.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ransformers_dc

~T

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thi

I'll be seeing Don Murphy next week at the premiere of The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman (lucky me!:D) and I'll see if I can get any more info straight from the source. Sounds really cool.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Oh hell yeah...
For a long time I've thought this would be a great idea, one that would really work. Technology's finally come far enough to do it right also. My only question is which edition of the Transformers do they use? I hope it's the 80s originals over Beast Wars or the more anime influenced Robots in Disguise. Give me the good old fashioned ones, although certainly update the cars to more modern ones, the VW hippie vans wouldn't look as good now. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There is a lot of Transformers that never made it to the states. Headmasters, Transformers Victory, Masterforce and a ton of others made for the Japanese market specifically. Robots in Disguise (Car Robots) included. Any movie made, especially with Tom DeSanto at the helm would certainly be "classic"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Headmasters were cool. Didn't know they had their own animated series, but I remember the limited series comic book. I hope they make it in.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
What exactly do they mean by live action? I doubt they're building animatronic transformers. Real vehicles? Real backgrounds?

FredK

Second Unit
YES!

Couldn't be happier, G1 preferred but I'll take whatever we get. It'll be great to follow this one over the next couple of years. Any information anyone can get, true or false, is welcome by me!

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'm not really that interested in this idea since I don't really have any nostalgia for the concept, but I admit that I'm curious to know if they're going to finally explain where Optimus Prime's trailer comes from when he goes to truck mode, or how Megatron and Soundwave shrink when they transform also :)

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

Bruce_S

Second Unit
Very interesting indeed. I'm not sure how they going to make it a live action flick. I would believe, they are going to use ALOT of miniatures models. Transformers back in the 80's was one of my favorite cartoons - As I recalled, these are giant machines that battles other machines and have some humans as their allies. I haven't seen the original cartoons for a long time now and the new one really sucks. I guess, we shall wait and see how this turns out.

-bruce

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
Transformers was a Japanese show.
That is not really correct. The first 2 or so years of the tranformers toy line were pieced together from various unrelated japanese transforming toys, but the show was entirely american. In their japanese incarnations most of the transformers were originally human powered robots. This is evident if you look closely at the toys - most of them have a place for a little "operator".

After the show became a big hit it was translated into japanese and shown in Japan. Then in japan they kept on going with it after it was cancelled in the US.

Did you know that the original Megatron toy dates back to something like the mid 70's?

Mark

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Even if the robots are CGI, how can you do a live action version of G1 without all the original robot voices? I mean come on.

No Chris Latta (Starscreem/Wheeljack/others)
No Scatman Crothers (Jazz)
No Don Messick (Gears/Ratchet/Scavenger)

There are other deceased voice actors I left out.

It's just not the same. Hell, when I see Optimus Prime on the new shows, I want to here Peter Cullen, and he's alive.

I do wonder if it'll be G1 or Armada or maybe even some new Transformers line as a way to push that new line of toys.

And Mark's right about the history. Hasbro (and Takara) had the idea to unite a bunch of different toylines from Japan together under a single toyline in the U.S. That's why you have all those sub-groups (dinosaurs, insects, jets, cars, mini-vehicles, combining teams, etc.). They then created the TV show to push the toys. It really was pure marketing genius.

It's got me buying the Commemorative G1 reissues, only because I never had them as a kid, except for Ratchet, Astrotrain, Galvatron and Wreck-Gar.

Gruson

Second Unit
G1 or nothing!!!

I want to see Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, Jazz, Ravage, etc.....I never felt the other series were half as good as G1.

I too would prefer the original voices too. You have to have Prime's voice in it!!!

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Well, from what I read, Transformers will all be "human who can transform into these robots" or something like that.

It should make for an interesting adaptation.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I doubt Tom DeSanto would blaspheme with "transforming humans" BS. The man has ALWAYS in everything he's done so far (Galactica remake that got axed, X-Men etc) respected the source material

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks