What's new

Suggestions for 65" widescreen HDTV? (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
So yeah, my rather successful friend just IMed me (graduated from UM in 3 years, went directly to work for MS full time...), and said that he's looking to buy a new TV for his condo.

65", widescreen, HDTV, he already has the HDTV decoder.

He's open to projectors, as long as the projector+screen total up to the same price as a set would.

He'd like for it to be around $3K, so yeah, something around there...

Being 21, I'm not exactly too familiar with sets that high up :)

Thanks in advance guys!

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Thanks Vic...I've bought from onecall before, so I know it's a good dealer...as for Toshiba's, I'm aware that they're pretty well regarded these days, so I'm sure they wouldn't be wrong to go with.

Any recent big screen comparisons/shootouts conducted?

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Hmmmm...that particular Toshiba's part of this months group buy at HTS...

Anybody else have something to say?

keith jay

Auditioning
hitachi swx is now going for $3099 at circuit city etc. very similiar xwx model was reveiwed in last months stereophile guide to home theater.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Keith...thanks for that lead, I'll have to swing by a bookstore and see if they have any old magazines...otherwise, maybe someone here can scan the article for me? :D ;)

keith jay

Auditioning
go to www.guidetohometheater.com it has reviews for the xwx which contains alot of info about the swx. also, in the archives their is a review of the 51"swx i believe it is from 11/02. do not confuse with the hitachi plasma which also in the archive. good hunting! ALOHA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks