What's new

Looking for a good deal on an Ipod (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I get to choose my father's day gift this time and am looking at getting an Ipod. A 10 gig would be fine. I see Dell has one but don't have the "neccessary" coupons for a good deal. Anyone have suggestions on that? Where else to get?

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Eric, Look in the deals area here on HTF. There were some codes for $40 & $45 off at Dell, but they may be expired.
I think Dell still has 10% off on iPods etc, & perhaps free shipping.

I ordered a 15 gig iPod from Dell last week (fyi you need to phone in to get the 15 & 30 gig models). I got 10% off, + $45 off & free shipping. It appears iPods from Dell are taking some time to ship though. I read some reports of people waiting a about a month.

Also check out www.apple.com for deals on refurbished models. Click on store, & scroll down to the bottom & click special deals. Note these are not the new v3 models.
Edit to add the refurb ipod models at the apple store change from time to time. They had 5, 10, & 20 gig models listed over the past week or so.

Also www.amazon.com has lower prices than most on ipods.
You could sign up for their credit card & get a $30 credit there too.

Todd

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Thanks for the heads up Todd. I tried calling Dell and it seems they're out of Ipods. Too bad since after all the coupons and stuff, I could get a 15GB for $301. Well....I guess I just have to wait...

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Brilliant deduction my dear Watson.....Anyway... Though I have looked at a CD type MP3 player, seems that my growing collection needs an HD type. I'd like to be able to haul all of it around with me without switching CDR or whatnot. I know I know...does that justify another $200 or more. Maybe not but if its virtually free as in a gift, would u choose less?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Eric,

Personally I think the Ipod is great, I just can't see spending the money on it or any other MP3 player since I really wouldn't use it that much. I just thought the comic was really funny. :)

-Dean-

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Eric,

I would suggest looking at Best Buy or Target stores near you. They both had/have the old style Ipods clearanced. 10GB for $199. That is how I bought mine.

Otherwise look for Dell coupons. Also MacMall had some old style 15GB drive last week or so for a good price but I don't know if they still have them available.

Good luck,
Glenn

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Eric your very welcome.
FYI I received my iPod from Dell. 9 days later from the time I ordered it. Not bad at all. I expect Dell sold a ton of iPods at those prices. I would keep trying Dell.
Good luck.
BTW mine was a Fathers Day gift too.

Dean that is hilarious! :laugh: I said the same thing. Just don't ever play with one. It's seductive powers are hard to resist. :D

Aaron
So. . .how big of an iPod would I need to hold about 1200 CDs worth of tunes?
I hear ya. At least 1200 for me as well. There is a Zen Jukebox 60 gig model on the horizon. Still won't fit 1200 cds worth of mp3s at the bit rate I rip at, but they are getting there. I love the small size of the 15 gig iPod though. It's very portable, & really 15 gig of mp3s is plenty enough for me to carry around at one time.

Todd

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Dean..I'm sorry if I sounded a tad upset...actually I am amused by the comic! Its good to see we all have a healthy sense of humor.

I have an update of sorts though. Seems like Dell won't be stocking those things for a while so...I found another toy for father's day, a Nikon Coolpix 5400. Yes the supposed replacement for the 5000. It retails for $799 and after all the coupons and stuff at Dell, I ended up paying $581.33 for it. (Here's hoping its not a backordered item)I'm gonna try it and see if its any good. I already tried the 5700 and while that was a neat camera, the "buried menus" made me not a happy camper. On this new one, there is a "command" dial which makes accessing menu a click away.
Thanks for the replies and all...and I have bookmarked that comic site for my laughing pleasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks