What's new

Love Bug for $14.44 at Wal-Mart (1 Viewer)

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
Saw it at Wally world today. I got mad since I paid 21 at Amazon last week. Oh well.

Daniel*T

Auditioning
Was this price on the DVD itself, or just on a sign above it? The reason I ask is that I tried to buy "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" at Wal-Mart the other day. There were a few dozen of them under a sign that said (you guessed it): $14.44. (The discs themselves had no prices on them.) I took it up to the counter to pay and it came up as $19.99. Didn't want to bother arguing with the cashier about it, but I can tell you that to any reasonable person the sign was definitely misleading. (The sign was right above the "20,000 Leagues" DVDs, and there were no other DVDs under the sign except "20,000 Leagues.") Frickin' Wal-Mart.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've already mentioned at least 4-5 times that Love Bug and Rescuers are $14.44 at Wal-Mart. I bought them there at 4 in the morning on 6/3. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
none at my wal-marts 2 area stores yet. in delaware county pa.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
None to be found at all at the Wal-Mart in Hempfield, near Greensburg, PA.

Also noticed that almost everything that comes in both WS and FS versions was available in FS only. :angry:

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
All Wal-Marts should be carrying this along with a whole bunch of Disney DVDs priced at $14.44. Some stores may not have it yet because they might not be done with their movie reset. Every 6 months or sooner Wal-Mart adds and deletes all of it's movies, so your stores may not be done yet.

Also noticed that almost everything that comes in both WS and FS versions was available in FS only.
Is this for everything? My store has WS and FS of alomst all the newer movies. And there is always WS and FS on new releases except my store didn't get Old School in WS only fool screen. Guess because WS was only on the unrated version?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Look for Disney titles to be grouped together, perhaps on a separate wire rack right outside the electronics dept.

EDIT: Hey, that's weird: my post was in response to Glenn's, yet now mine appears before his in the thread! :eek:

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I looked pretty thoroughly in every DVD rack and didn't see The Love Bug or Rescuers at all. They did have a bunch of Jungle Book 2.

The $14.44, $9.44 racks were the ones that only had FS copies of things like Ocean's Eleven, Jurassic Park, and A.I., plus several others. Over on the regular rack I did see that they had one copy of About A Boy WS, but several FS. That's the only title I saw that had a choice. I'd like to think they only have FS because all the WS sold out, but I kind of doubt that.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
dave are you sure you're not psychic?

i also saiad the same thing about the location of the disney dvd's in the other thread.

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Attention Walmart Shoppers

Most Walmart stores maintain a 2nd separate display with Disney titles. The last 3 Walmarts I have been to all used the 4 sided isle displays. A spot for the Rescuers and the Love Bug were clearly labeled on the displays. I tend to find the Rescuers more than the Love Bug, but both are readily available.

PS, My local Best Buy has both titles also. And they will price match to the Disney Store Catalog.

Also what's the deal with the Herbie uberfan on the Love Bug disc? The man's got some time on his hands.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
My local Best Buy *finally* got The Love Bug in stock this week and it was only 14.99. I hadn't seen it at WalMart yet so I went ahead and picked it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks