What's new

Simpsons Live-action - Ideal Cast ? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Let's agree that a SIMPSONS live action movie is a foul idea.Let's also agree that we'd quite like to see one anyway. Who would you cast ?
I can't think of a better Ned Flanders than William H.Macy.
For some strange reason, I can imagine Mira Sorvino as Marge.I'm stuck on Homer though - John C.Reilly ? Any suggestions ? (And don't anybody say John ******* Goodman !!)

Brenton

Screenwriter
Haha, when I read the subject of this thread, I was thinking "Oh God, I hope no one says John Goodman!"

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Homer: Who's playing me?
Bart: John Goodman.
*Homer commences to choke Bart*
:angry: Homer: THAT'S...SO...OBVIOUS!

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Hmm... how about James Belushi & Susan Sarandon as Homer & Marge? Maybe Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Bart (though he's probably a little too old by now)...

However I agree that W.H. Macy would be perfect for Flanders!!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I can't believe you people are even thinking about a live action Simpsons movie. The voices of all the characters are so etched into my mind that I'd have a really hard time seeing a live action version unless the voice actors played their respective characters, which would mean lots and lots of makeup.

William H. Macy would be good for Flanders though...:)

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Macy would be a good Flanders, but I think that Harry Shearer would be an even better one. He does, after all, have the perfect voice for the role. :)

How about Liam Neeson as Groundskeeper Willie? He could do his Scottish voice from Rob Roy. And Edward Norton would make a good Lenny.

James T

Screenwriter
Maybe Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Bart (though he's probably a little too old by now)
But he's still got the right height;)

"Reiss said that he considered casting a live-action Simpsons movie, but it would require someone "bald and as stupid as Homer. That's why God gave us Vin Diesel." Reiss proposed that Don King play Marge, and Tom Cruise play Smithers, Mr. Burns' homosexual assistant"
http://news.thetriangle.org/2003/05/...sslecture.html

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Look at the Flinstones and Scooby Doo. And look at the upcoming movies like Garfield and Jetsons.
The Simpsons reflect real life situations (as outrageous as they may be), all those are too make-believe. A talking dog, a cat who can eat lasagna by the truckload, dinosaurs happily playing with humans, and humans living in space are too far out for the Simpsons except for the Halloween specials.

Real Name
Anthony
Hey, Thomas C, with respect - lighten up, man ! I absolutely agree that a Simpsons live-action movie would be awful and I'm sure we'll get an animated movie before that ever happens. SCOOBY DOO was a stupid idea too but I'm honest enough to admit that there's a part of me that's kind-of fascinated to see how wrong/right Hollywood can get it.So this thread wasn't meant to be about whether it should happen, just who might be in it if it did.

And by the way, as a Scotsman I find the notion of casting Liam Neeson, an Irishman, as Groundskeeper Willie offensive.
Besides, Mel Gibson'll need a hit after his Aramaic Jesus movie.

Real Name
Anthony
OK, I don't want to monopolise my own thread but it's got me thinking. A live-action movie would be rotten, but . . wouldn't it be a great idea for a one-off episode of The Simpsons itself ? Homer and co going to see a live-action movie of themselves ? Given the names that have appeared as voices, I'm sure a few big stars would play along. Can you imagine Arnie painted yellow as Wolfcastle ? It'd be hilarious ! You'd only need a few minutes of glimpsed footage. The worse it was the funnier it'd be. I'd pay good money to see Vin Diesel playing Homer and trying to do the voice !

Anyway, how's our cast shaping up ?
WILLIAM H.MACY as NED FLANDERS and ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER as McBAIN/WOLFCASTLE.These are both good. EDWARD NORTON as LENNY's pretty good too and I still like MIRA SORVINO for Marge.

REV. LOVEJOY - Garry Shandling
PRINCIPAL SKINNER - the paedophile guy from HAPPINESS, sorry can't remember his name
OTTO - Stephen Wright? Luis Guzman ?
NICK RIVIERA - Steve Buscemi
KRUSTY - Jackie Mason ?
APU - M Night Shyamalan ! (He wants to get into acting anyway)

Jeez, it's difficult ! Any more Homers ? NOT Tom Arnold, please ! Woody Harrelson was fairly Homer-esque in KINGPIN.
What about MR BURNS ? BARNEY GUMBLE ? All suggestions, from the sublime to the ridiculous, are welcome . . .

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Of all the options suggested so far, I think Jason Alexander would be the best as Homer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks