Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

XM newbie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted June 08 2003 - 07:25 PM

Hi everyone, first I would just like to say that I'm so happy about the addition of Satellite Radio to such a great forum. I was just curious if I could get a link or if my questions could be answered here.(I am a total newbie too this, sorry)
1. Is XM only available in cars at the moment or is there some kind of stand alone player?
2. Is XM available in Canada?
3. When I was going to school I became a huge fan of Jim Rome, is he availabe on it?
4. Is there a site that is for newbies such as myself.
If there is anything else anyone would like too add please do, I welcome all opinions.
Thank you very much

#2 of 3 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,628 posts

Posted June 08 2003 - 08:41 PM

Hi, Chad!

XM is the greatest thing to happen to radio
in a long, long time.

There is a stand-alone player called the Delphi
SkyFi. You can use it for both car and home.

I suppose the best place to get all the information
you want on XM programming and coverage (not sure if
it is available in Canada) is to go to their main
webpage:

http://www.xmradio.com

I am sure that other members of this forum will
have some answers for you as well.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 3 DaveBB

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

• 792 posts

Posted June 11 2003 - 10:16 AM

Quote:
1. Is XM only available in cars at the moment or is there some kind of stand alone player?

There is an XM boombox that is available or you can use the home cradle adapter to hook up (through regular RCA jacks) to your home stereo.
Quote:
2. Is XM available in Canada?

Due to the laws in Canada you cannot. However if you can have someone with a US address set up an account, Candian coverage has been good.
Quote:
3. When I was going to school I became a huge fan of Jim Rome, is he availabe on it?

He is currently not. Lots of people have been asking for stuff like Howard Stern, Jim Rome on XM. However I'm sure there's a ton of legal issue that could block this. All the local stations that spent money to get these shows would not be happy to see it get watered down by national coverage from satelite radio.

Forum Nav Content I Follow