What's new

*** Official "HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Hollywood Homicide" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Hollywood Homicide" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Whatz to discuss other than it is a total waste of time and Ford should be shot for signing on for this terrible flick!

Could I be wrong?

Dugger

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Could I be wrong?
Yes! :)

I had a lot of fun at this film. Maybe it's because I've been seeing mostly foreign and independent productions lately, so the more leisurely pacing and the character-driven comedy felt perfectly normal. The Matrix Reloaded so thoroughly put me off studio films that I've skipped most of them for the last month. Hollywood Homicide and The Italian Job were good enough to lure me back.

M.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
I can understand you enjoying ITALIAN JOB... but I am still confused to any redeeming value of HOMICIDE....

It just didn't work for me at all...

Here we have 2 guys who have been partners for 4 months and they act like they don't really know each other...

Opening where Ford asks Hartnett to jot some notes down and he delievers an food order for him to pick up... Whats with that?

Then again when Hartnett thinks Ford is a psychic... Just dumb...

I hate it when a film just is insulting...

Maybe this is one of those you will like it or hate it flicks...

I'm certainly on the hate it side...

Dugger

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dugger, my man, I'm going to check this film out today and see if I concur with you or Michael. A good friend of mine loved this film so I'm willing to give it a matinee shot. I'll report back my thoughts on it later today.

Crawdaddy

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Here we have 2 guys who have been partners for 4 months and they act like they don't really know each other...
They act like they don't know each other well, but they clearly have a bunch of routines down. That opening bit with the lunch order is a perfect example. The audience may think that Ford is giving Hartnett a hard time because he's the rookie, and certainly the film's trailer makes it look that way. In fact, though, Hartnett doesn't bat an eye; he just passes the note to a subordinate (who also doesn't bat an eye) and adds his own order -- and that's when you realize that this pair of detectives has a standard routine of arriving at a crime scene and ordering food. (We see it again at the end of the movie.)

The punchline of this routine isn't Ford giving Hartnett a lunch order. It isn't even the contrast between Ford's hamburger order and Hartnett's veggie sandwich. It's the fact that Ford, who you'd expect to be the indiscriminate, shovel-down-the-burger type, turns out to be the one who's fussy about his food.

To me, that was typical of the whole movie. The jokes don't come in the expected places. That's probably why the film will have limited appeal. Today's film audiences have gotten used to being told exactly what they're going to see and then seeing it. Hollywood Homicide doesn't work that way.

M.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Film was okay, but nothing I would want to spend anymore money on just to see it again.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, I loved the bit with playing Smokey Robinson music throughout the film then having him do a cameo as a taxi-cab driver. I wonder how many people recognized him besides myself.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks