-

Photo
- - - - -

Important infor for recent DaLite screen owners

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 02:43 PM

Last November I bought a 96" X 72" DaLite High Contrast Matte White electric retractable screen (non-tensioned) I was assured by a DaLite rep that at that size tensionsing would not be required.

About two months ago I noticed slight warping that has become gradually worse since then. In despair, I phoned DaLite for advice and was informed that on the new High Contrast Matte White (and only that finish) screens apparently there was a chemical problem of some sort that caused screens to warp. The problem has been discovered and resolved on newer HCMW screens.

They offered to replace mine at their expense with a new one made properly even though the warping is still minimal! They assured me that this is likely the culprit and that a replacement screen would not do this. That was substantially better than the advice I expected to find!

If you have a new DALITE HC matte white check it for warping, particularly in a 'V' shape. If you see this phone them and describe the problem and the date you purchased it.

I am very pleased that after six months DaLite is standing by their product 100%.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,529 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 09:21 PM

is this white only or grey as well??

I have the High Contrast Cinema Contour(grey) screen coming.

all-banner.jpg

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted June 10 2003 - 01:18 PM

Sorry for slow response. I was away on vacation.

It is matte white only, and a few months old at least. They have fixed the problem in more recent screens they say.

I would watch the screen carefully. It took mine a few months to show. If you have any issues call them for advice. I was very inmpressed by their cooperativeness. Margins on screens must be higher than I thought.