What's new

Sony DVP-S360 disk reading problems (1 Viewer)

Josh Duve

Grip
I am having problems with my Sony DVD player.
The player powers up just fine, but it doesn't like to play DVD or CD discs. If you put a disc in the player, it will try to spin the disc up a few times, and eventually NO DISC will come across the screen. Once in a while, if you eject and insert the disc a few times, it will eventually read the disc, but will start skipping during the movie.
I have tried cleaning the player with a CD clean disk, but still no luck.

Is there anything I can do, or is it dead?

Thanks guys.

Craig W

Second Unit
There is a design defect in the player. I am surprised it worked this long before it failed. I only got about 1.5 years out of mine before the failure. Its due to a bad fuse and a resistor values that was eventually changed.

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/DVDEZ.pdf

See the article above. Basically in 90% of these units the bad fuse and resistor caused the laser assembly to completely fail.

Its not worth the money to fix. Go out get a new player if you can afford it.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Craig's right. Your player is toast. Same thing happened to my S360, which was a great machine until it croaked. I'd heard someone was going to file a class action against Sony for these defective machines but that's been at least six months and I've not heard anything further. But the outrage is widespread.

Josh Duve

Grip
Thanks guys,

I just read the 500 posts over at AudioReview.com about the problems. This sucks. Time for a new player.

Any suggestions? Progressive scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks