Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Simpsons repeats (ad nauseum)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 06:25 PM

Is anyone else experiencing this phenomenon with their Simpsons reruns in syndication? Our local station has been showing the same 30 episodes over and over and over and over and over for the last 3 months. Now at 3 times a day, this is REALLY getting ludicrous, especially because most of them are from the last 3-4 years. I just went through the next 2 weeks listed at TVGuide.com and EVERY SINGLE episode has been on in the last month, and in JUST THE TWO WEEK PERIOD the following episodes are REPEATED TWICE!

Tennis the Menace- June 5th and June 18th
She of Little Faith- June 6th and June 19th
Pokey Mom- June 4th and June 10th (6 DAYS APART!)
The Bart Wants What it Wants- June 11th and 12th (NOT EVEN 24 HOURS APART!!! Confirmed with the station)

I have tried complaining, but all I get is the voicemail of programming, and they never call me back. For the first time in a decade I find myself not watching Simpsons and instead popping in a DVD Posted Image

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Todd Henry

Todd Henry

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 01:17 AM

Jeff,

I have seen that to. I think a couple of causes here in Baltimore, is that it shows at both 6 and 7 and they seem to be staggered in their schedule by a little bit. Also, Saturday is on a different schedule and I think they have converged.

Todd

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 05:22 AM

Todd, even if they have converged, they're still only showing the same 30 or so episodes. I haven't seen a whole ton of them in close to a year. For example the UFO cult one

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 05:46 AM

I get two Fox Stations (since I'm in the middle of Dayton and Cincinnati), and one of them showed some Season 1 episodes recently. Posted Image I don't watch the reruns everyday, but I think they both show a pretty good variety.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 09:25 AM

I haven't noticed it with The Simpsons here. But we are only shown the final season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. They recently showed the last episode of the series, then started from the beginning of the final season again.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   PienSavaca

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 07:27 AM

YEARS and YEARS ago there was a national syndication schedule for "The Simpsons" (Same episode shows in all markets on the same day).

Since then, the packages have changed and the stations can buy and air whichever episodes that they want as a result, some stations just buy certain blocks (ie seasons 11, 12 & 13) and air them OVER and OVER. When the contract is up, they'll get a different set of episodes (ie seasons 1, 4 & 9)
"I got kissed... and, and, and I shoplifted."

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Mike-M

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 08:13 AM

That sucks man, over here it's on three times a day. Some are more recent ones, but a lot of the time we get more classics like the Stone Cutters, Monorail, Mr. Plow, etc.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 08:28 AM

Haven't seen Mr. Plow or Monorail in months Posted Image

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted June 07 2003 - 01:31 AM

I actually saw an older episode yesterday that I've not seen in YEARS... the ep. where Bart becomes the hall monitor... I hardly remembered it, until it got to the half-way mark of the episode where he's given a chance to take something from the secret stash... amazing. Funny as hell, too.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   JohnAP

JohnAP

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted June 07 2003 - 01:34 PM

My Fox station usually only shows the last few seasons, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,995 posts

Posted June 07 2003 - 01:44 PM

We get them all here - right now our 6:00 eps are on Season 9 and our 7:00 eps are on Season 7. Maybe some stations don't show the early ones because of their availability on DVD.