-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone using rhino audio interconnects?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 TommyL

TommyL

Supporting Actor

• 590 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 09:24 AM

Hi all...just setup my dvd-a player(and bought my first dvd-a!), and am ready to buy some audio interconnects...Rhino seems to be popular...is 50 bucks a pair overpriced? Has anyone compared these to any other maker? (setup is marantz sr8200 and denon 1600) fyi...thanks much...tl

#2 of 3 Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings

Second Unit

• 336 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 12:47 PM

Tommy, I haven't bought any audio interconnects from Rhino, but I do have two of their digital cables, two component video cables, and a subwoofer cable. The workmanship and materials are first rate on all of them. I have a Marantz SR-8200 also, and feel that anything over what Rhino offers is absolute overkill for this level of equipment.

If I were trying to save a few dollars a pair, I would probably go with the AudioQuest Sidewinders for $31.50. I haven't used them either tho'. Posted Image

Pete
High Definition baby, yeah!

#3 of 3 TommyL

TommyL

Supporting Actor

• 590 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 01:00 PM

thanks Pete! I'd rather go better than worse...then I know I have some quality in that portion of my systemPosted Image drop me a line about the 8200...do you like it? Found any quicks etc about it? thxs again..tom