What's new

"Sliders" will be on DVD...eventually (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
After doing a Google search on Sliders,I came across this
post on a sci-fi forum, where one fan spoke to co-creator Tracy (Son of Mel) Torme.
Here is all relevant info from that post:

Date: 03/25/2003
SliderNum5: What can you tell us about the DVD and it's release date?

Tracey Torme: Bob Weiss and I did a two hour voice over for the DVD of the pilot late last year... we had a good time doing it. It was first time ive seen the pilot in a decade, it seems.
It brought back lots of memories... surprised to hear its not out yet.

SN5: Awesome... we've been unclear on whether the DVD will be a "Best of..." or a complete first season package.

TT: I believe they're definitely doing [a first season package]. Thats what they told us.

SN5: That will at least do the show some justice.

TT: Yes. I was glad to hear they were doing the DVD releases.

If only we had a confirmed release date and Features list...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wasn't Sliders part of that big Univeral announcement months and months ago? I hope they are actually released, but I'm a little concerned about it at this point. Emergency, Magnum PI, Quantum Leap, and Sliders were four of the announced titles. I think there were 8 total.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes it was. Word on the street is that most of their TV properties are being held back until the company has sold.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I hope the new owners see the wisdom of releasing these shows. Then again, work probably started on them before they were announced, so it probably makes sense to carry on with that.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Whatever happened to that Sliders Book series? There was one book released on thep ilot, and that was it. I thought there was supposed to be a series like the Quantum Leap books?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks