What's new

Directors Another Crazy Brian Thingy! (1 Viewer)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Hello.

I would like to enlist 8 brave and creative souls to participate in my new "thingy." Well what exactly is the "thingy" you ask? Glad you did. It breaks down like this:

I got the inspiration for this from the cast and crew drafts where you draft a crew for a movie and then come up with a plot synopsis for your movie. Well, this will be similar, but I will be giving you your cast and crew, and then it will be up to you to come up with a movie for them. But, that in itself, would be too easy. So I'm going to give you actual characters (Not the actors who play them, but the actual character) to make your movie around. I will also be giving you the setting. For instance, someone may get Sonny Corleone (Or however you spell it) and Ronald McDonald and Papa Smurf and Crissy from Three's Company (the tv show). The Setting would be during the depression. You would then have to take that and come up with a plot synopsis.

Now this example might be a little crazy, but remember who you are dealing with. Expect some seriously Fu**ed up combinations.

Once we get our 8 lucky players, I'll give them their players and settings. They will then have 2 days to come up with their "movie." We will then pair them up and our wonderful HTF membership will vote on them. If your movie is up, you will not be allowed to vote.

And to keep things on a level playing field, I think I may either email or PM the player's characters and settings. That way it will be a surprise to everyone. However, I'm open to suggestions on this.

The eventual winner of this, will win a dvd of my choice, and mailed to him/her at no cost to them. The dvd in question will most likely be something extremely crappy, but hopefully fun. John Dhein (the winner in my last crazy "thingy") should be getting his "prize" any day and should be able to give you an idea of what to expect.:)

And because this sounds like fun to me, the lucky 8 people who play will each get to send me one character, (One person will get to give me a setting) and I will come up with my own synopsis to go head to head with our winner.

Having fun with this is not required, but highly encouraged!

If you'd like to play, just post a "I'm in" or something.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Shit, I'm in!

Hey, I know the PERFECT movie for the prize - Hutman and I were checking it out the other day at the record store. Boy, did it look BAD! :D

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Sounds kinky...

Alright, I'm in!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Looking forward to another interesting draft.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
We have four brave souls. I need just another four.

Remember, this is all just for fun. Hop in, make up something crazy, and maybe win a free DVD in the process.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
We still need one more. If no one else joins in before tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon/evening, I'll just have everyone send me their "picks" for me, and enter the thing from the get-go. But, I'd like to get one more.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Alright folks. It would appear that we have what we are going to have. Just a few questions on how you'd rather go about this puppy.

1. Would you rather I send everyone their picks, or just post them here?

2. After the 2 day creative period, would you rather send me your synopsis, and then I put them up against each other anonymously, or just have you post it when it's your turn?

3. How many times have you ever read something I've posted and went "What a Maroon!"?

The popular majority will determine our course. For what it is worth, I think it would be more fun if no one knew the other's characters or story until afterward. And should we decide to go this route, I'll waive the no voting on your own story rule so no one will figure out it's yours.

And should one more person like to join, feel free to go ahead. I won't start this until we've decided the course of action.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I like the anonymous posting of the stories idea you have, but I still think there should be no voting for your own.

Either way, I don't have much of an opinion on how it's done. I'm new to this whole idea you've presented and will simply follow along.:D

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
1. Send us our picks.
2. Send you our synopses.
3. If I had a nickel...
4. Take us all out for beer.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Would you rather I send everyone their picks, or just post them here?-

Use the Spoiler tags and post them here.
========================================
After the 2 day creative period, would you rather send me your synopsis, and then I put them up against each other anonymously, or just have you post it when it's your turn?-

I'd like to post mine here.
========================================
How many times have you ever read something I've posted and went "What a Maroon!"?-

You're asking this of a 20-year-old who has the hots for Kathleen Turner and wants Warner Brothers to release 2-disc Special Editions of "Who's That Girl?" and "Electric Dreams". Compared to me, you're damn normal.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

All of this I have posted, by the way.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Alright, Scott makes our eight. Welcome aboard pal.

Unless I hear some more opinions, I think as it stands right now I'll send your participants to you, and then have you send me your story. I'll let this go on until tomorrow to make sure. I still haven't heard from Ric, Mike Dome, or Scott. Once I get their input, we'll give it a go.

***EDIT**** I'm too slow on the draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks