Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Another Crazy Brian Thingy!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#1 of 101 OFFLINE   Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter

• 1,083 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 09:45 AM

Hello.

I would like to enlist 8 brave and creative souls to participate in my new "thingy." Well what exactly is the "thingy" you ask? Glad you did. It breaks down like this:

I got the inspiration for this from the cast and crew drafts where you draft a crew for a movie and then come up with a plot synopsis for your movie. Well, this will be similar, but I will be giving you your cast and crew, and then it will be up to you to come up with a movie for them. But, that in itself, would be too easy. So I'm going to give you actual characters (Not the actors who play them, but the actual character) to make your movie around. I will also be giving you the setting. For instance, someone may get Sonny Corleone (Or however you spell it) and Ronald McDonald and Papa Smurf and Crissy from Three's Company (the tv show). The Setting would be during the depression. You would then have to take that and come up with a plot synopsis.

Now this example might be a little crazy, but remember who you are dealing with. Expect some seriously Fu**ed up combinations.

Once we get our 8 lucky players, I'll give them their players and settings. They will then have 2 days to come up with their "movie." We will then pair them up and our wonderful HTF membership will vote on them. If your movie is up, you will not be allowed to vote.

And to keep things on a level playing field, I think I may either email or PM the player's characters and settings. That way it will be a surprise to everyone. However, I'm open to suggestions on this.

The eventual winner of this, will win a dvd of my choice, and mailed to him/her at no cost to them. The dvd in question will most likely be something extremely crappy, but hopefully fun. John Dhein (the winner in my last crazy "thingy") should be getting his "prize" any day and should be able to give you an idea of what to expect.Posted Image

And because this sounds like fun to me, the lucky 8 people who play will each get to send me one character, (One person will get to give me a setting) and I will come up with my own synopsis to go head to head with our winner.

Having fun with this is not required, but highly encouraged!

If you'd like to play, just post a "I'm in" or something.
"DO NOT float above me while I'm dying in the abyss!"

#2 of 101 OFFLINE   Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers

Producer

• 3,481 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 11:10 AM

I'll be a sideline observer on this as I'm not creative enough for this type of draft/thingy.
Top 10 Film Lists: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Film Lists: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

#3 of 101 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 05:10 PM

Shit, I'm in!

Hey, I know the PERFECT movie for the prize - Hutman and I were checking it out the other day at the record store. Boy, did it look BAD! Posted Image

#4 of 101 OFFLINE   Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly

Producer

• 3,994 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 07:02 PM

ok
"You can't be the first, and you'll never be the last, but baby, you can ALL be next! Woooooooo!!!"

#5 of 101 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,663 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 02:10 AM

Sounds kinky...

Alright, I'm in!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Looking forward to another interesting draft.
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#6 of 101 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 02:35 AM

Yo!

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#7 of 101 OFFLINE   Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter

• 1,083 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 07:14 AM

We have four brave souls. I need just another four.

Remember, this is all just for fun. Hop in, make up something crazy, and maybe win a free DVD in the process.

#8 of 101 OFFLINE   Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor

• 579 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 09:39 AM

I'd like to give it a try. My mind is Posted Imagewarped.Posted Image

#9 of 101 OFFLINE   Mike Hutman

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor

• 895 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 11:33 AM

I'll give it a shot

#10 of 101 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 01:16 PM

I'll play as well.

#11 of 101 OFFLINE   Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter

• 1,083 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 01:36 PM

We still need one more. If no one else joins in before tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon/evening, I'll just have everyone send me their "picks" for me, and enter the thing from the get-go. But, I'd like to get one more.

#12 of 101 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 04:53 AM

Come on, you chickens! Just one more!

#13 of 101 OFFLINE   Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter

• 1,083 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 09:46 AM

Alright folks. It would appear that we have what we are going to have. Just a few questions on how you'd rather go about this puppy.

1. Would you rather I send everyone their picks, or just post them here?

2. After the 2 day creative period, would you rather send me your synopsis, and then I put them up against each other anonymously, or just have you post it when it's your turn?

3. How many times have you ever read something I've posted and went "What a Maroon!"?

The popular majority will determine our course. For what it is worth, I think it would be more fun if no one knew the other's characters or story until afterward. And should we decide to go this route, I'll waive the no voting on your own story rule so no one will figure out it's yours.

And should one more person like to join, feel free to go ahead. I won't start this until we've decided the course of action.

#14 of 101 OFFLINE   Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor

• 579 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 09:55 AM

I like the anonymous posting of the stories idea you have, but I still think there should be no voting for your own.

Either way, I don't have much of an opinion on how it's done. I'm new to this whole idea you've presented and will simply follow along.Posted Image

#15 of 101 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 09:55 AM

1. Send us our picks.
2. Send you our synopses.
3. If I had a nickel...
4. Take us all out for beer.

#16 of 101 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
Alright folks. It would appear that we have what we are going to have.

If it helps, I'll volunteer to do two - one for each of my split personalities.

Quote:
1. Would you rather I send everyone their picks, or just post them here?

Don't care. Do what you think provides the highest amount of entertainment value.

Quote:
2. After the 2 day creative period, would you rather send me your synopsis, and then I put them up against each other anonymously, or just have you post it when it's your turn?

We could post them all at once and have people rank them. The lowest combined rank value is the winner. Or you could post one story each day and have people give each story a 1-10 ranking. The highest average ranking is the winner. Or you could print them all out and throw monkey feces at them. If you've got any leftover after writing your story, of course.

Quote:
3. How many times have you ever read something I've posted and went "What a Maroon!"?

I've never used the word Maroon, but I understand the question. Posted Image

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#17 of 101 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,663 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 01:45 PM

Would you rather I send everyone their picks, or just post them here?-

Use the Spoiler tags and post them here.
========================================
After the 2 day creative period, would you rather send me your synopsis, and then I put them up against each other anonymously, or just have you post it when it's your turn?-

I'd like to post mine here.
========================================
How many times have you ever read something I've posted and went "What a Maroon!"?-

You're asking this of a 20-year-old who has the hots for Kathleen Turner and wants Warner Brothers to release 2-disc Special Editions of "Who's That Girl?" and "Electric Dreams". Compared to me, you're damn normal.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

All of this I have posted, by the way.
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#18 of 101 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 02:32 PM

I wanna play.

#19 of 101 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 02:45 PM

Send us the picks anonymously

#20 of 101 OFFLINE   Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter

• 1,083 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 02:50 PM

Alright, Scott makes our eight. Welcome aboard pal.

Unless I hear some more opinions, I think as it stands right now I'll send your participants to you, and then have you send me your story. I'll let this go on until tomorrow to make sure. I still haven't heard from Ric, Mike Dome, or Scott. Once I get their input, we'll give it a go.

***EDIT**** I'm too slow on the draw.

Back to Director Checklists

Forum Nav Content I Follow