Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Rosanne (TV Show)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Justin Hargis

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 08:33 AM

Anybody know which studio has this rights to Rosanne, the television show?

I'm very curious as to when, if ever, they'll release the seasons on DVD.

Thanks

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 01:30 PM

I believe Paramount owns the television distribution rights, not sure about Home video.

Roseanne was one of my all time favorite shows, and it still makes me laugh after multiple viewings. It's sorely lacking from my DVD collection. (I'd even get the final, and worst season on DVD...)

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 02:45 PM

Viacom owns it, so theoretically so does Paramount

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 03:04 PM

I really liked this show. I don't know about this, but, was the final season where they won the lottery? I had never seen an episode like that before, but a few weeks ago an ep came on TBS, and Roseanne and Dan were fighting after winning the lottery, and Rosey was driving a Mercedes.
Kyle McKnight

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 04:52 PM

I think the lottery was the last season or 2nd last. I really like the show, but I only have the chance to watch the reruns on TBS. I really wanted to watch the series finale since I heard it was one of the pretty decent finales, but the day they were showing it I guess I forgot and it only hit me the next day when they were showing an episode where everyone looked a lot younger.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 03:21 AM

Quote:
I think the lottery was the last season or 2nd last.
I think the season finale (the 2nd to last season) ended with her winning the lottery and the entire last season was about all the money she got.
Quote:
I really wanted to watch the series finale since I heard it was one of the pretty decent finales
Yes, it was very good and VERY sad.
Dan really died from the heartattack he had in the previous season.
I remember the last season and thinking how corny it got, but the last episode explained why.
If I remember correctly, Rosanne wrote about winning the lottery as a way of copping with Dans death. So the whole lottery thing wasn't real.

Forum Nav Content I Follow