What's new

Futurama: The Sting (5/1/2003) (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
IMHO, this episode was great. THe show seems to have started making real strides in the macrostory around the time they were cancelled. I loved the musical number that came out of nowhere, Bender being a jerk, Farnsworth cracking inappropriate jokes and well, pretty much everything.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yes, I loved last night's episode. Even the Honeycomb jingle worked for me. Bender and the bee costume...classic!

Jay

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
"The stinger went right through me and you got all the poison"

"If only I could've removed the stinger."

"I'm not allowed to sing. Court order."

Great episode. Furthered Leela and Fry's story and had some really funny moments like the afformentioned musical number and the characters' voices coming out of other people. I want the rest of the unaired episodes now!

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I liked the fact that deep down inside, Leela really does care for Fry as much as Fry cares about Leela. He's probably the only person who truly accepts her for who she is without reservation. And he's the one who comes from another time zone!

Woah! That was deep! :)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Also, it's not like any of the other characters would have ever endangered themselves for her sake. Especially in a situation that was entirely her fault.

Ike

Screenwriter
I liked the episode a lot. Glad I remembered to catch it. sigh I wish Fox wasn't killing it.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I have to disagree again. While I felt that there were some funny jokes, these "Recent" episodes have been pretty strange in my opinion. It seems that the comedy and the weekly adventures have been taking a back seat to the relationship between Fry and Leela. This is a mistake if you ask me. It's getting to be too soap opera-esque. I guess it does not matter since it's going to be cancelled, but I just don't think the show is as funny anymore

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The only problem with the "waking up from a dream into another dream" plotlines is that it creates a paradox... how do you know you're really awake and not just in a more complicated level in the dream world? The X-Files got around this by having the hallucinagon be lethal fungi so that as long as you were in one state of existence for a long while, you pretty much knew you were awake since you'd be dead by that point otherwise.

The Matrix, in particular, faces a similiar dilemma as does a few episodes from the various Star Treks.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
I have to disagree again. While I felt that there were some funny jokes, these "Recent" episodes have been pretty strange in my opinion. It seems that the comedy and the weekly adventures have been taking a back seat to the relationship between Fry and Leela. This is a mistake if you ask me. It's getting to be too soap opera-esque. I guess it does not matter since it's going to be cancelled, but I just don't think the show is as funny anymore
Blame Fox. They air the episodes way out of order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks