What's new

The "For Love or Money" thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It'll be on tonight on NBC at 9 p.m. EDT (2 hour premiere).

Here's the premise:

15 girls show up to try to win the heart of a Texas lawyer. The girls know that they will win $1 million if they get the lawyer to pick them, but the lawyer has no idea the girls have been turned into gold diggers.

The twist on the girls (which the girls don't know) is that the final girl picked by the lawyer will have to pick between the money or the guy, she doesn't get to keep both.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Aw man, it's just wrong to make the "not chosen" girls to burn their $1 million check.

At the onset, I like Laura, Christina, Erin and Alima.

Glad Cristy C got the boot.

Rob is a blank. Why did he have to draw the elimination ceremony out so dang long? Just point to 5 girls and tell them they are out!

A lot of money will make people do some strange things.

JasonB

Agent
What a waste of an hour and a half. I can't imagine for one minute that a criminal defense lawyer worth spit would be so brainless as this one is. "Yeah I kinda like you--so do you wanna stay around?" He has the most monotonous, dull voice in the history of television and radio.

I'm absolutely sure that he's in on it and is making himself out to be a less-than-stellar catch to promote the "take the money and run" mentality in the women. The preview of the next episode showed him apologizing for doing something (apparently being a player) so thus my belief about him being in on it.

Joel C

Screenwriter
This is so dumb... with this premise, there is probably a hidden third twist where if she chooses the guy she gets $2 million. Like anyone meets a soulmate in front of the cameras like this.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nah, the better twist would be if the girl chooses the money, then they tell her that the guy comes from a really really rich family, and she chose $1 million over a guy with many millions of dollars.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
What a bunch of cynics you guys are. If there's anything reality TV has taught me, it's that love conquers all.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"If there's anything reality TV has taught me,

it's that love conquers all"

Yep! UhHUH! OK!:)

Brent

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I watched some of this during breaks in the Stanley Cup. And won’t be back for more.

To me, a reason to watch reality shows is to see individuals interact with one another and perhaps pay for their actions. In Survivor, you may get voted off if you irritate enough people by not working hard enough. Or you may get voted off if you demonstrate too much competence. Or just by being generally annoying.

Here, the woman can say want they want to each other and act as they please, but there is no attendant consequence, as the elimination process is done by someone who is not aware of how they act with each other.

The second reason that I find the show, unsatisfactory is that the guy has no dialogue with anyone about how he feels about any of the women. It is all internalized monologue. Most dissatisfying.

Also, I don’t much like the show’s premise. I’ll just monitor via this thread.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, the final five doofus Rob picked are:

Erin
Paige
Lauren
Kelly
Laura

My final five would have been:

Christina
Stacey
Laura
Erin
Alima

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Pat's reference has now garnered front page news on CNN.com:

NBC show to air despite star's past

Campos, in a statement, said; "I have apologized to NBC .... for not informing them about the incident. I had believed that it was a private matter that had been resolved."
This will make things more interesting if, like The Bachelor/The Bachelorette on ABC, NBC airs a post-conclusion show, which tracks the status of the 'couple' (if the finish of the series results in a couple).

A little more reason to watch to the end.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Why don't these reality shows just start using "The Smoking Gun" staff to do backround checks?

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
It's hard for me to believe that a company like NBC wouldn't have found a doozy in someone's past like dismissal from the JAG because of the accosting a fellow officer.

Are more people or less people going to start tuning in to see a groping drunken frat boy get dumped for a million dollars? NBC's got a ratings sure thing now.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else notice that the end credits say the $1 million will be paid out over 40 years?

> the final girl picked by the lawyer will have to pick between the money or the guy, she doesn't get to keep both

What's to keep her from taking the money & then getting together with the guy later? Is NBC going to have them under surveillance forever?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Probably a contractual type of arrangement (i.e. NBC could sue them for the money if they did get hitched).

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I didn't say get married, just see each other after the show.

Due to the guy's past problem, American Idol has already guaranteed him a top 10 spot for next year.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to their bachelor's history, the woman is sure to choose the money unless she's plain dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks