What's new

What 27'' TV with components? (1 Viewer)

Christop_Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm on a serarch for a good 27'' TV. Besides Sony unfortuneatly they are out of my budget. I want one with components, digital comb, all the good stuff. please state your feelings about a good 27'' TV here

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Exactly what's the highest you want to pay for a set? Because the Sony can be had for around $400 if you fight with them.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
The Toshiba is alright but it's not a Flat tube set, it doesn't do the "Squeeze Trick" for DVD's & you can't turn off the SVM. I would take a look at the AKAI (A Samsung clone) for $297.61 that Sam's Club has or the Flat Tube JVC that BJ's has for $299. The JVC can do all of the above & on the Akai you can turn off the SVM in the service menu. Do a search on this forum for the "AkAI" & you will get a lot of information on it. AKAI's website is www.akaiusa.com & the model number is CT2791F for the full specs. on it or check www.samsungusa.com for the model TXL2791F They are the same sets except the Akai is sliver & the Samsung was black.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Great post Bill. I just don't see how you can beat the deal on the Sammy clone (akai) at Sam's club for $297.61 Wow!

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Karl, from all the sets I've seen the AKAI is a winner for the money with 800 lines of resolution & a 20 watt audio amp I would say it's had to beat even in the $450-500 price range & I noticed on the new 2003 "comparable" Samsung model that the resolution is now 550 lines & the audio amp is now 15 watts & I'll bet the power supply isn't as good as the AKAI either. I may be wrong but if you want the AKAI CF2791F I wouldn't wait too long because it might be replaced with a clone of one of the newer Samsung models. When the Samsung TXL2791F first came out the average price for it was around $500. Plus Sam's has a good return policy if your not happy with it.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
My parents have the Akai in their guest bedroom (my room when I visit) and for the money it would be really hard to beat. If I was getting a 27 inch non hdtv I would get the Akai, no problem. I love the squeeze trick. Only negative I would say is the s-video and the composite share the same audio jack if you are using the internal speakers, which surprisingly sound pretty good.

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
IMO the new Sharp tv's offer a good bang for the buck. I've seen the 27" at Best Buy recently for $350 or so. You could probably convince them to sell it for you for $300 if you just tell them another store offered you a bettter price. It has a nice picture, anamorphic squeez for dvd's, and has a nice looking exterior.

Of course I can't help but suggest you just save up another $100 and get a 27" Sony. It's worth the extra money.

Dan.B

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I almost bought a sharp 27"flat screen at BB awhile back that must have been calibrated from the factory because it looked much better than all the other 27" flat screens next to it, even after i tried tweaking the other sets. Only thing is ,I don't think the sharp would have had all the options that are available on the Sammy, or Sammy clone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks