-

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie need beginner display

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Cisco_c

Cisco_c

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted May 31 2003 - 01:27 PM

Im starting my HT and need ideas for a display with a budget of around $800 max. Right now i have a 25" with just and RF hookup and a DVD player. I know thats not alot of $$ but any ideas welcome...thanks in advance...

#2 of 4 Kimo Bonnelycke

Kimo Bonnelycke

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted May 31 2003 - 02:58 PM

I heard that fry's (or some place like it) was selling the Panasonic 47wx42 widescreen for 999.. More than your budget, but it is a steal..

Kimo B.

#3 of 4 Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne

Screenwriter

• 2,406 posts

Posted June 01 2003 - 12:04 AM

Some things to avoid:

1. Only one regular video input and only one S-video input and only one "video" or A/V setting on the remote. You can only connect one thing to that TV.

2. Stuck in 16:9 mode for certain inputs notably progressive scan if you are considering that.

3. Noticeable delay before channel changes when you press the buttons on the remote.

Also something highly desirable, a real 16:9 (squeeze) mode on a 4:3 TV.

Sorry, I have no makes and models in mind to suggest.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.c...ynejr/video.htm

#4 of 4 Christop_Holmes

Christop_Holmes

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted June 01 2003 - 02:03 AM

Id go for a Sony WEGA 32'' or so they run at about 500 then get a good reciever and good speaker set
Look For Me on, Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, Crimson Skies- Road To Revenge, Rainbow Six 3, , Ghost Recon- Island of thunder, ESPN Basketball, ESPN Football, Project Gotham Racing 2, Mechassult, Unreal Tournament, NFL 2k3