-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any news on MAP settlement?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Brian Perry

Brian Perry

Screenwriter

• 2,815 posts

Posted May 30 2003 - 03:50 AM

From the official website:

Quote:
Update - March 6, 2003

To receive any reimbursement under these settlements, you must have mailed or filed a claim on-line with the Settlement Administrator. The Court approved deadline for submitting a claim for reimbursement under the settlements has now passed.

For consumers that have submitted valid claim forms by mail or filed valid claims online, it appears that a cash reimbursement will be available if the Court approves the settlements. We are currently processing and validating the claims received. Until this process is completed, we are unable to determine the individual reimbursement amount. If you are eligible, the amount of your refund will depend upon what the Court approves and the number of valid claims filed. No reimbursement may occur until approved by the Court. The Final Approval Hearing is scheduled for May 22, 2003 with an appeal period to follow. If the Court approves the settlements along with the payment of claims, and there are no appeals, it is anticipated that reimbursement checks will be mailed in mid-summer 2003.

This Web site will be updated as new information becomes available.

Does anyone know what the final amounts were? A few days prior to the deadline, the amount per claim was supposed at $20 or so. I wonder if there was a mad rush at the end--if the average per claim fell below $5, I believe no one would get any money and the pot would be given to charity or some other BS.

As the "final approval hearing" was set for May 22, I would have thought the news would be out by now.