What's new

Laurel and Hardy coming to dvd from August 19 ! (1 Viewer)

Alistair_M

Second Unit
Saw this reply to an email posted in the Laurel and Hardy newsgroup

---

Thank you for contacting Hallmark Entertainment. August 19, 2003 is the
release date. The 2-disk DVD set includes "Sons of the Desert," "The Music
Box," "Another Fine Mess," "Busy Bodies," "County Hospital" and many special
features. $19.98 SRP.

Thank you,

Customer Support

Hallmark Entertainment

[email protected]

Link Removed

----

Lets hope Hallmark release 2 disk sets regularily. Good movies in the first set and its well priced too!
Lets hope the picture quality is decent.

Bravo Hallmark!

Alistair_M

John Watson

Screenwriter
Sounds good!

I just received an Abbot & Costello disk the other day, and was looking up WC Fields for something new, but alas, struck out, so L&H will come in handy :)

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
You don't know how long I've been waiting for this!

Bring 'em on! I'll buy all the Hal Roach stuff!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This sounds good. I like the idea of pairing up a few of their talkie 2-reelers with one of the features.

I haven't seen Sons of the Desert yet, but if it's anywhere near the hillarity level of Pack Up Your Troubles.... (I'm hoping that's the next one!)

James Alexis

Agent
Great news but I'll believe it when I see them (there have been lots of rumours of an imminent release which never turn into anything).

Bit worrying that the Hallmark website makes no reference to them.

So fingers crossed I guess (hope they are the same excellent transfers used for the German discs released by Kino.)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the tip James on Kino. I saw this name in another post but didn't realize they were putting out such quality work!

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Dancin' with joy at the moment! I have every available L&H (save two of the crappy Fox features), but most are on well-worn VHS (slp!) tapes that rank high among my most precious possessions.

I hope Hallmark eschews the colorization and haphazard editing that made the Cabin Fever VHS versions such a travesty. Just give me good old-fashioned and unedited B&W Laurel and Hardy in the best condition possible and I'll buy 'em all.

Special features are more than welcome, of course. :)

It's far superior, IMO. (Not to take anything away from Pack Up Your Troubles, which I would glady buy in a second, but I wouldn't rank it much above #8 or #9 as far as features go--you're in for a treat if you haven't experienced ones like Blockheads, Fra Diavlo, The Bohemian Girl, Our Relations, Way Out West, etc.)

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks