What's new

A question about "The Mummy" (1 Viewer)

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
This has really been bothering me. I'm not talking about the old version, I'm talking about the newer version. There is a scene where the guy that has the book, is kicking and screaming to get it open. My thoughts are, he wants to read it.

Then just a few seconds later, when Evelyn steels the book from him, and opens it, he screams, "You mus'nt read from the book." Why the hell was he trying to get it open then? Surely he was going to read from it!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Isn't there a difference between "You must not read from the book!" and "You must not read the book!"

Basically, it is very unwise to read the book aloud (read from the book), but perhaps he wanted to read the book silently for information that can be gleaned from the text witout summoning up an evil mummy.

At least, that is the explanation that occurs to me.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Isn't there a difference between "You must not read from the book!" and "You must not read the book!"
Gotta agree there...

Of course, he could also have been attempting to open the book to further authenticate what he had in his paws, not necessarily sit down for a good read... :)

Eric Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Yes. There is quite a difference between reading from the book and reading aloud. Remember, these are incantations.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Very interesting point about the book. But there's something more troubling in the film that i've spent many, many hours pondering, thinking really hard about it and I cannot for the life of me come up with the answer...

why didn't Rachel Weisz get naked in the film? :confused:

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks