Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

LegacyAudioVideo.com. Anyone ordered from them?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Ken Johnson

Ken Johnson

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted May 29 2003 - 11:39 AM

They have the Pioneer Elite PRO-730HD 64" on sale for $4,395. The best I can do locally is $5,000, plus sales tax. I'm very leery of making such a big purchase online, though.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   kevitra

kevitra

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 09:20 AM

They charge a 15% restocking fee no matter what condition you return an item in (even new). They are probably NOT authorized, and on an item like that I would think you would want to buy it from a 'real' dealer.

I made the mistake of buying something from them (NAD T762 receiver). I wanted to cancel it to buy from an authorized dealer (only a few $ more). They had already shipped the unit, so when it arrived home I didn't open it and I called them. They still insisted that they were going to charge me 15%, even though I did not open it. I will never buy from them again.

Change the 'number of days' drop down on the main list page to 30 and you will see negative threads about this company.