What's new

The Matrix: Reloaded DVD cover art survey (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
According to digitalbits, Warner Bros. wants input as to what cover art people would like to see for the DVD release of Reloaded. These are the 3 choices currently online:

I think I like the first one, despite the fact that I usually don't like the 'big head' treatment. It seems cooler and I also like the reflections of certain scenes in the character's sunglasses.

Edit: If you want to see bigger images of the characters from the first version to see the scenes reflected in their glasses:

Morpheus Link Removed Trinity

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I like #3 and they can release as many versions as they want as long as I get the widescreen

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Third one for me also. The first would be good if it weren't for those huge heads.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I think it's a great idea that they are trying to get feedback on cover art. It's about time the studios started listening to us about Cover Art. Some of it is horrible, and bad cover art does not make me want to but a movie. I just WISH they would listen to us and drop the snapper cases. I like the third cover art the best. If they issue this movie in Pan & Scan, they are idiots, who in their right mind would buy a movie like that in P&S?

How many people bought Star Wars I or II in Fullscreen? Not many at all! My Wal-Mart got equeal amounts of both, and ALL of the Widescreen copies were sold, but I didn't see a noticible reduction with the fullscreen copies. They are still there!

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Initially I liked the 3rd one too but after looking at it for a while I think it's too green, Morpheus doesn't use that gun in the movie(does he? I don't remember seeing it) and I don't like the way Trinity looks. I also like the darker scheme and the title treatment of the first one besides the other points I mentioned about it above.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
First one. The background in the third one kills it, it looks like it belongs on a Sprite bottle.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'll go for the first one because it sticks with designs from the theatrical poster campaign. With Matrix Reloaded having seemingly endless posters, they could do a Reservoir Dogs-esque multiple cover release...in which I'd go for the one that featured the army of Smiths. I wish they would leave the widescreen version without lame banner at the top and only put the banner on the fullscreen release. My final vote:

First one, in a keep case, with DTS-ES discrete. (C'mon Warners, even the redheaded stepchildren of DVD studios, like MGM and Artisan, have jumped aboard DTS train!)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I wish they would leave th widescreen version without lame banner at the top and only put the banner on the fullscreen release.
I agree, I hate that banner. The least they could do is stick it on the back instead.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I also like the third one better. The 2nd one looks too bland & I don't like the first one since it has the closeup of the actors.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
That's great that they want input, but they are leaving out one very important factor...where do we vote?

I've checked digital bits, nothing. I checked all over warner brother's website, nothing. Checked the matrix website, nothing. So where is this survey? Is it over already?

I would vote for #1...if I could.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
#1 all the way. I love the way scenes are reflected in the glasses. #2 and #3 look like Photoshop projects.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Without a doubt the first one is the most imaginative, and, therefore, the best choice in my opinion. The rest look like every other DVD cover out there. I'm surprised at the third one's popularity, but to each his own I suppose.

In fact, I'm not buying it if it doesn't have the first cover!

Just kidding. ;) Figure I might as well get that inevitable comment out of the way early. :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They list the DVD as being in widescreen on the bottom of the back, anyway, so why not just leave it off?

I like the first one, but Neo looks too fake and Trinity's nose is weird looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks