What's new

*** Official "FINDING NEMO" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

AaronJB

Second Unit
I viewed "Nemo" a couple weeks ago and plan to give it **** when I'm able to post the review next week.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Not sure what ML/MR mean.. welp, I found out I get to see a screening Tuesday morning. :) Here's hoping it's a treat.. I know my children are already excited.

MichaelBryant

Stunt Coordinator
I hope this movie has a much better story than Monsters Inc. I still can't get over how half assed that movie was (story wise).

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
I admit I'm excited by this film; I'm hoping it redeems what I consider a mediocre effort in "Monsters Inc." last year. (Mediocre compared to TS1 and TS2 at least...)

Go Pixar!

And what would I really like to see? A collaboration between John Lasseter and Hayao Miyazaki! When I see the words "A Pixar/ Studio Ghibli film..." on the screen, I will truly be a happy camper! Here's to hoping it happens...

-Dennis

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Pixar has their own unique "style" and way of telling a story. I'd really hate to see them get into the anime thing any time soon. My opinion of course.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
What's funny is that if you look at the "Rotten Tomatoe" the only one the movie has received so far, they gave it a B+ and largely praised it.. ??? Did I miss something?

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I haven't read the rest of this thread, but when my review is released, it will be an unconditional rave. One of the year's best to date.

As for ranking among the Pixar films, I'd put the two Toy Story films on top, followed by Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, and Monsters, Inc.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
What's funny is that if you look at the "Rotten Tomatoe" the only one the movie has received so far, they gave it a B+ and largely praised it.. ??? Did I miss something?
I saw that as well. It's not uncommon for RT to mis-categorize a review. That had that review marked as 2.5 out of 4 stars. I would think a B+ would be 3 out of 4. I'm sure they'll fix it up eventually.

Really, not a discouraging word yet on this one. Can't wait until Friday!!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not exactly sure what you guys are referring to, but all the review information (star/grade rating, fresh or rotten, etc.) comes from the individual critics and not the website. Whenever I link a review to Rotten Tomatoes, I'm given a page like this:

----
Finding Nemo

Short quote:

Review URL:

Review source:

Grade/Star rating:

Fresh or Rotten:
----

So if you're noticing a discrepancy between the rating and the actual review itself, maybe drop an email to the writer. It's quite possible they clicked the wrong thingie on their submission page. I've done it more than once!

Tonight I have a choice between The Italian Job or Finding Nemo. All my friends are taking their 3-year-olds to see Nemo on Friday afternoon, so that's when I'll be seeing it. Watching children take in a Pixar flick is an absolute joy to behold. Can't wait to see this one.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
The review in question from Ross Anthony has been changed to positive. They now have 13 positive reviews and no negs. RT still don't have the Newsweek rave posted.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This movie deserves to be -big-. If you are a techno fan, it should dazzle and impress you the digital quality of effects with the most difficult of surfaces (water).. if you have a family, it's good family fare. I need to upgrade my prediction on Nemo to $300M+

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks