What's new

How many own Phase Technology speakers? (1 Viewer)

JamesCB

Second Unit
I don't see this brand mentioned very often. If I may rave: I have owned several of these over the years and I have no reason to change now. Very natural sounding and incredibly detailed. I now have their top of the line PC9.1's and a PC3.1 (series II) for my front trio and an older pair of Teatro dipoles for rears. Also another pair (335ES, Euro-Series) for the second system. If anyone has a chance to audition this brand, I encourage it. My PC's have a 10 year parts/labor warranty, how's that for quality assurance. Anyone else out there have this brand?

JamesCB

Second Unit
I can tell it's gonna be tough to keep this thread alive. Not very many of us out there.

David, I too had a pair of 7T's and upgraded a short time later to the 9T's. The 9T had a little more bass extention (larger cabinet) and added a dome midrange on the back for ambiance. Great for home theater, but were just a little short on that midrange "punch" for music. I had those for a number of years and loved 'em.

David-TF

Agent
James
Could not agree with you more, i to auditioned the 9Ts and found the 7Ts much better with music. A local dealer in my area still carries the Phase T line but have not listened to any of there newer models.

David-TF

Agent
James
After i posted i realized your in Buffalo have you been to Stereo Chamber and checked out the latest in Phase T.

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
I once owned a pair of 730ES's that served me faithfully for many years, despite a couple blown tweeters and a mid (probably amp clipping). But when I got my Infinity Overture 3s 5 years ago the difference was night and day. The PhaseTechs sounded harsh in comparison. Sold them to a co-worker whose kids promptly destroyed them.

I find their print advertising (what there is of it) to be totally lacking in the details that attract potential buyers. They need a new ad agency and a different approach if they want to become more mainstream.

Greg

JamesCB

Second Unit
David,
Yep, thats where I get my phase tech stuff. The new PC series is incredible. I read recently that a new series is due to come out this summer (name of the line is still pending). I'm sure we won't be let down.

Greg,
The tweeters in the ES series are a little revealing. If the recording is harsh at all, the Phase Tech's will let you know. The newer models have solved this problem. Especially the PC series. The sweetest, most natural upper range I have heard.
By the way, Phase Tech doesn't really need to push their speakers. They are a brand name of United Speaker Systems, which has been producing drivers for over 50 years, supplying for well-known brands such as Mcintosh, JBL, and Electrovoice. Did you know this company holds the patent for the dome tweeter? (along with several others, just as impressive).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks