What's new

Any Trailer Park Boys Season 1 and 2 DVD Reviews? (1 Viewer)

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning
This topic is probably more aimed towards the Canadians on this board, but I am wondering if anyone has picked up a copy of the Trailer Park Boys Season 1 and 2 DVD set that was released this past Tuesday. Amazon.ca has not shipped mine yet and was wondering if anyone that has picked it up has had a chance to look through the special features and summarize them if possible. Thanks in advance.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I have it...it's from Alliance Atlantis, is IMO rather expensive compared to U.S. TV DVD releases (though not when compared to The Sopranos or Six Feet Under), so I haven't opened it yet....waiting for reviews.

It has commentary tracks, deleted scenes, alternate takes, lost interviews, f**k-ups and outakes, a Tragically Hip video, and a "Ricky Wipes Out" montage. That's from the package. 1.33:1 and English 2.0 stereo, unclear if it's Dolby though Dolby symbol is on the box. In a regular double DVD plastic case i.e. no special packaging.

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning
Open it up and watch the special featuers, . . . PLEASSEEE!!! :)

I am dying to find out how long the specal features are and how good they are.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Ummm, it was $50 where I got it, the only place that had it. After I got home I thought about it, thought I'd wait a few days to see if any of the mass-marketers got it...I really don't think it should be more than $40. I've noticed that locally the prices seem to go *down* after release day...this is a new thing, in the past they tend to have gone up after a week or two.

BTW, this is a blind buy for me, have heard good things, but have little idea what to expect, that's why I'm holding off opening it for a bit. Sorry!

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I was in Halifax on vacation around the time of the premiere of season 3, and had the good fortune to see the premiere as well as some of the DVD supplements at a bar, with the cast in attendance.

The alternate takes were a scream -- there was an endless version of Jonathan Torrens' "know what I'm sayin', know what I'm sayin'" bit, (where someone points out to him that he says "know what I'm sayin'" so often that it becomes meaningless), and they keep either cracking up or taking the scene off in a different direction. The Hip video was good, too.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Has anybody looked at this yet? Has anybody found it for less than $50? It's very hard to find around here, nobody except Wal-Mart had it, and they're long sold out. I still haven't opened mine, have a huge backlog to catch up on...

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Lemme see if I can find it this weekend while I'm in Vancouver, and I'll definately comment on what I see.

Jason

"We're not after your money...all we want is some food!"

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks Jason, I'll probably start this set this weekend myself. With a series I'm not familiar with, I like to watch a few episodes in series so that I can get into it, so I have to time it right...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks