Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any Trailer Park Boys Season 1 and 2 DVD Reviews?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Jamie Bunker

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted May 28 2003 - 05:26 AM

This topic is probably more aimed towards the Canadians on this board, but I am wondering if anyone has picked up a copy of the Trailer Park Boys Season 1 and 2 DVD set that was released this past Tuesday. Amazon.ca has not shipped mine yet and was wondering if anyone that has picked it up has had a chance to look through the special features and summarize them if possible. Thanks in advance.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,367 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted May 28 2003 - 05:41 AM

I have it...it's from Alliance Atlantis, is IMO rather expensive compared to U.S. TV DVD releases (though not when compared to The Sopranos or Six Feet Under), so I haven't opened it yet....waiting for reviews.

It has commentary tracks, deleted scenes, alternate takes, lost interviews, f**k-ups and outakes, a Tragically Hip video, and a "Ricky Wipes Out" montage. That's from the package. 1.33:1 and English 2.0 stereo, unclear if it's Dolby though Dolby symbol is on the box. In a regular double DVD plastic case i.e. no special packaging.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jamie Bunker

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted May 28 2003 - 06:35 AM

Open it up and watch the special featuers, . . . PLEASSEEE!!! Posted Image

I am dying to find out how long the specal features are and how good they are.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,367 posts

Posted May 28 2003 - 12:49 PM

Ummm, it was $50 where I got it, the only place that had it. After I got home I thought about it, thought I'd wait a few days to see if any of the mass-marketers got it...I really don't think it should be more than $40. I've noticed that locally the prices seem to go *down* after release day...this is a new thing, in the past they tend to have gone up after a week or two.

BTW, this is a blind buy for me, have heard good things, but have little idea what to expect, that's why I'm holding off opening it for a bit. Sorry!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter

• 1,709 posts

Posted May 29 2003 - 03:29 AM

I was in Halifax on vacation around the time of the premiere of season 3, and had the good fortune to see the premiere as well as some of the DVD supplements at a bar, with the cast in attendance.

The alternate takes were a scream -- there was an endless version of Jonathan Torrens' "know what I'm sayin', know what I'm sayin'" bit, (where someone points out to him that he says "know what I'm sayin'" so often that it becomes meaningless), and they keep either cracking up or taking the scene off in a different direction. The Hip video was good, too.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,367 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 03:30 PM

Has anybody looked at this yet? Has anybody found it for less than $50? It's very hard to find around here, nobody except Wal-Mart had it, and they're long sold out. I still haven't opened mine, have a huge backlog to catch up on...

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter

• 1,442 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 07:07 PM

Lemme see if I can find it this weekend while I'm in Vancouver, and I'll definately comment on what I see.

Jason

"We're not after your money...all we want is some food!"
Buy National Treasure on DVD today..."The best movie I saw on Saturday night from 7pm to 9:30. The DTS track is freakin' awesome!" --Multiplex Drone

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,367 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 09:51 PM

Thanks Jason, I'll probably start this set this weekend myself. With a series I'm not familiar with, I like to watch a few episodes in series so that I can get into it, so I have to time it right...