Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Do NOT buy from Uncle Stereo/ReliableAudioVideo/LegacyAudioVideo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   kevitra

kevitra

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted May 27 2003 - 10:19 AM

I purchased an NAD T762 from them. Just as I realized they weren't legit (from other threads), I tried to cancel my order.

My order had already shipped (they gave me the tracking # - it had shipped). It came today.

I called them to send it back. They told me it would be a 15% restocking fee. I said that I didn't open it. They didn't care.

Their website says:
"Refund returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee, depending on the condition of the return, shipping is not refundable."

Well, the condition of my T762 is perfect since I didn't open it. They don't care.

The reason I am returning it (besides that they aren't legit and I can get it for a few dollars more from an authorized dealer) is that the T762 is reported to make a popping sound with certain satellite receivers. Mine is one of them. Since I will be charged the restocking fee either way, I am going to open it up. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will work ok.

The only way I won't get the restocking fee is to buy something else from them. Ick.

I should have done more research first.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   kevitra

kevitra

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted May 27 2003 - 12:35 PM

I guess I am lucky - my unit does not 'pop' with my HD satellite receiver (Hughes E86). I haven't had the chance to use it a lot, but it sounds great so far.