-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Golden Age of Grotesque

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter

• 1,829 posts

Posted May 27 2003 - 09:53 AM

Now this is what Manson's last album should of sounded like. Holywood had some damn fine songs on it, but as a whole, I was disappointed. Grotesque brings my faith back in Manson. Lots of good jammin' tunes and fun lyrics. I personally think the weakest track on the disc is the 1st single, Mobscene, and that song is good. So far I've listened to it about 5 times since picking it up this past Saturday. Good jammin' CD. I recommend it to Manson fans if you are a bit reluctant after Holywood.

"This isn't music and we're not a band/we're 5 middle fingers on a motherf**king hand!" Posted Image

Favorite tracks so far: Better of 2 Evils, Vodevil, Use Your Fist Not Your Mouth, and Para-Noir.

-Dean-

#2 of 5 Mark Palermo

Mark Palermo

Second Unit

• 366 posts

Posted May 27 2003 - 11:05 AM

I've only heard "MObscene" and was a little startled by its similarity to the Faith No More song "Be Aggressive."

Mark
My art imitates crime.

#3 of 5 Al B. C

Al B. C

Supporting Actor

• 645 posts

Posted May 27 2003 - 11:28 AM

"Are you motherf***ers ready, for the new shit? Stand up and bitch about it."

I like about 5 songs so far. "Holywood" was better in my opinion.

#4 of 5 paul h

paul h

Supporting Actor

• 551 posts

Posted May 27 2003 - 11:23 PM

Love it... got my tickets to see him in London in 2 weeks Posted Image

#5 of 5 Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted May 28 2003 - 12:49 AM

I've only heard "MObscene" and was a little startled by its similarity to the Faith No More song "Be Aggressive."

That was the first thing that I thought of also. In fact, I found myself singing that song at several points during the video and it really reduced my desire to purchase the album. Hopefully the rest is a bit more original.