What's new

Setting xbox display for HDTV (1 Viewer)

Kalvin

Auditioning
I have an xbox and an HDTV. How do I know if the picture I am watching is 480p, 720p or 1080i? I've set my xbox default display settings to indicate that my TV can display all of these formats, but I have no way to confirm which setting is being used at any given time.

For example, I know that Enter the Matrix can display 720p as well as 1080i, but I have no idea how to specifiy which to use in the game options.

Is the setting in the xbox' defaults, or is it in the game?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It is in the Xbox settings on the dashboard. The Xbox will use the best resolution that is available, so if a game supports 1080i, 480p, and 480i & you have all 3 selected in your dashboard, the Xbox will display 1080i. Likewise, if you have only 480p selected, the Xbox will display that.

-Dave

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
I know that Enter the Matrix can display 720p as well as 1080i, but I have no idea how to specifiy which to use in the game options.
Quite frankly, the problem has never arisen before: Enter The Matrix is the only game out that supports all resolutions. Dave is correct, though, it will use the highest resolution available and supported by the game. So, in your case, Enter The Matrix will display at 1080i. If you popped in Tony Hawk 4, it would display at 720p.

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
Displaying in the higher resolutions is dependent on using component cables, of course. Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks