What's new

Where was this movie filmed? (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Would you do your bit to make the IMDB more complete?
I'm fascinated by movie locations and if you check the IMDB for projects done in your area, you can help fill in the blanks.
There's a sign up process, but hey, you must already be interested in this stuff or you would't be browsing here!
I've been really proud to add cinema from my area to the Data Base.
As an example, Piranha was mostly filmed at Aquarena Springs in San Marcos, Texas. While watching it for the first time years ago I saw a convoy of military vehicles moving through an area that was all too familiar, I used to go there to skinny dip. It was a remote park on the Guadalupe River, and as a result I added another town to the "location" listing. And got a real thrill knowing that Barbara Steele worked in "my town".
So, please pitch in if you can.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Jim, I heard this same story from a girl I once worked with that was an extra in the movie, it was filmed there in San Marcos.

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
Hey folks,

I'm currently living in fine San Marcos myself, I love it here.

Jim, you still in this area? It may interest you to know that Waiting for Guffman was filmed in lil' old Lockhart, which is a tiny town in the vicinity of San Marcos. The football field scenes of The Faculty were filmed at an area high school field, though I can't recall which one at the moment, and I believe some parts of Varsity Blues were filmed around here as well.

I know there is more, there is a lot of activity in this area due to our proximity to both Austin and San Antonio.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
That's one of the reasons I paid good money for the Guffman LD. The Caldwell County Courthouse is a featured player. One of those football movies used the Lockhart HS field.
The Great Waldo Pepper had some footage done in Seguin at the Texas Theater.
But that info is all available in the IMDB....I was hoping to get some new stuff added.

Like, what was filmed in Des Moines?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Jim, AFAIK, the only real movie that's been filmed in Des Moines (i.e. not Wrestlemania) was Noises Off.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Dan,

I know you didn't mean to overlook Why Study Home Economics? (1955). And where is the DVD on that one, :)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Jim, that was an Iowa State film, so it was most likely really filmed in Ames, IA, abotu half an hour away from Des Moines. I think the IMDB is wrong abotu it. It is available on DVD as part of Mystery Science Theater 3000 vol 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks