-

Photo
- - - - -

Got an X1, now should I get Leapfrog?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Lorne

Lorne

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 06:57 AM

I just got an X1 and I'm loving it, but I have all these wires running around my living room now and aside from the unsightlines, I'm afraid of tripping over a wire and destroying the X1.

Infocus is offering a promotion after purchase of the X1 for the Terk LF30S Leapfrog Wavemaster Transmitter and Receiver System for $49.99. With S&H it would be $62.18. Does anyone use this? Does picture quality suffer? I'm using the X1 with a DVD player and with a VCR I'm using as a tuner for my analog cable. Will Leapfrog work for me? Any advice, anyone?

LT

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter

• 1,420 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 09:28 AM

The only drawback I see it that it will only
transmit composite video, The stereo audio is OK.
I also would like some feedback from anyone that
has some hands on experience with this product.
I see it would be nice to move the pj outdoors once
in awhile without the extra wires.
Anyone?
-Jerry

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jean-Paul

Jean-Paul

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 02:33 AM

I'm also interested in receiving info on the Leapfrog for the Infocus X1. I plan on haveing my projector around 15' away from my a/v components. Will the picture quality suffer?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter

• 1,325 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 04:26 AM

U can get one of those transmitter at Circuit City, the Terk brand,for just $39.99. Only way to find out if the PQ would suffer is to try them out. I have used one of those, from X10, and they work fine for cable broadcast and it was transmitting thru walls and a floor.
Keep in mind though that as Jerry has said, it only uses a composite input. It would be quite limiting as u can use the X1 with Svideo, component or VGA which I assume everyone would like to be using.