What's new

Good DVD Player for daugher (1 Viewer)

Tom T

Auditioning
I'm looking into an inexpensive DVD player for my daugher, who will not have and HD or HD ready tv.

What's out there now that will give the best non-progressive picture?

I've been out of the market for a few years, and things have changed quite a bit. I saw a Philips DVDQ35AT at Amazon for $75, and there are some JVC and Panasonics at Best Buy which are quite reasonable (under $100).

My own players (this will date me) include the Sony S7000, which I just can't seem to part with, and an Arcam DV27.

Thanks for any advice....

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my nephew who is 3 and toshiba model sd-2900 for $80 I think and he uses it for cds and dvds had no problems what so ever.

Mark

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
Take a look at the Sony DVP-NS325 too, $90-$100 depending on where you go. Looks like a decent player for the $$, but doesn't have JPEG like the Tosh if that matters to you. I don't know if the Tosh 2900 is infected with the Chroma bug.

DanaA

Screenwriter
When it came time to buy my daughters DVD players, I went straight to Ubid and bought a couple of Toshibas for $29 and $39. They were refurbs, but, so far, they play great. Knocking hard on wood...

Tom T

Auditioning
Thanks for all the suggestions. Has anyone had any experience or heard anything about the Philips DVDQ35AT?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks