What's new

Cashcow runs dry: Hillary Duff quits Disney! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Disney says she wanted too much money.

Duff's people says their offer was an insult.

...and Frankie Muniz got paid $5 million for Cody Banks 2?!?!?!?

Read all about the greed and animosity here.

So that means no Lizzie McGuire Movie Part 2. How will we muddle through?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh: Disney Corp complaining about someone wanting too much money?! What a joke. Maybe they should wake up and take a look at what the CEO of their company is making. If there is anybody making too much money for the value he gives, it has to be Eisner.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
unsurprising.

There's the very ageist attitude that children should be paid less because they are children. I remember hearing the rumor that half the reason Warners wants to replace the three leads in Harry Potter is because instead of spending 4-15 mil on the three leads COMBINED salaries(range for the salaries from movie 1 to movie three), for number four that might jump up to 20-30 million combined! GASP! How CAN warners make a profit with greedy stars like that!

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I was watching Much Music that other day and she
was doing an interview because apparantely now she
has her own band. She was saying how the professional
writers helped. I thought that was funny. It seems
this could be very true about her being greedy.
The music for her too is a joke.

-Mike

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
"Ms Duff could not be reached for comment, at least one that could be made out over the gargling of the hand that feeds her."

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
She's what, 15-16? This might be a case of parents and agents exploiting a kid for all she's worth, without regard for her long-term career.

Just call her Macauley Redux.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Disney Corp complaining about someone wanting too much money?! What a joke. Maybe they should wake up and take a look at what the CEO of their company is making. If there is anybody making too much money for the value he gives, it has to be Eisner.
Yeah, umm, that's every CEO. Just ask any American Airlines employee.

Why don't we cut through all the bullcrap and just go ahead and blame Disney for everything, including sunspots?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
she was doing an interview because apparantely now she
has her own band. She was saying how the professional
writers helped
Then she has a cover band. If you don't write your own songs, you don't "have a band"

One less annoying teenybopper star. And don't say "You would love it when you were that age" and the answer would be "no, I wouldn't". I always knew that children should not have their own TV shows (Malcom ended up being the one exception), nor should they be saving the world in movies

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Ebert was saying she should trying doign real movies. Now I guess she has to. I'd say her demands were reasonable here. She was onyl making 20% what Frankie Muniz makes. She's not as big a star, but the gap isn't that big.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Ebert was saying she should trying doign real movies. Now I guess she has to. I'd say her demands were reasonable here. She was onyl making 20% what Frankie Muniz makes. She's not as big a star, but the gap isn't that big.
Yes it is. Frankie has a hit show on a major network that draws 30x the peepers from a wide and diverse section of age,sex and ethnic background. Hillary has a show that's a hit on the Disney channel, which only teenyboppers watch

That's why he can get $5 million

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
My understanding was that here disney show was fairly well rated. Are you sure the 30x figure is correct?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
She has plenty of talent. She's certainly a better actress than Amanda Bynes. They just weren't putting her to good use.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Dan,

Comparing Hillary Duff and Amanda Bynes... Dog Poo and Chicken Poo... it's all crap. Just my opinion, however. I'm just of the opinion that she'll pose for Playboy when she hits 18 now, since by then, she'll be completely broke.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Anyone know how much she is being paid for her next movie, the big screen adoption of The Dirty Dozen?

John^Lal

Stunt Coordinator
I am sorry, but we should not be hearing about a 15 year old actress who has been in 1 movie asking for more money. everyone thinking that they deserve more like its owed to them even when they are still eating from their hand is terrible
the big screen adoption of The Dirty Dozen?
what, are they gonna get all those other teenybopper idols that are degenerating the nation's/world's kids? britney spears, christina aguilera, hillary duff, shakira...need help filling out the rest of the cast.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
You have to remember, Lizzie McGuire is also run on ABC Saturday mornings as a staple and sold in syndication to local markets as well and runs in the afternoons on some ABC affiliates. So, it gets 2-3 times the run as Malcolm in the middle.. of which she sees none of it

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Chris:

To think for one second that she's not getting residuals and that she doesn't have syndication built into her contract is ludicris.

The issue arises with her belief that she's being taken to the cleaners while her series is franchised into film... however, the fact that she's making more per-episode than I make per year is upsetting... and the fact that she's complaining is disgusting. If she were truly being taken advantage of... maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks