Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cashcow runs dry: Hillary Duff quits Disney!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 of 40 Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 02:17 PM

Disney says she wanted too much money.

Duff's people says their offer was an insult.

...and Frankie Muniz got paid $5 million for Cody Banks 2?!?!?!?

Read all about the greed and animosity here.

So that means no Lizzie McGuire Movie Part 2. How will we muddle through?

#2 of 40 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,541 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 02:25 PM

Posted Image Disney Corp complaining about someone wanting too much money?! What a joke. Maybe they should wake up and take a look at what the CEO of their company is making. If there is anybody making too much money for the value he gives, it has to be Eisner.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#3 of 40 Adam_S

Adam_S

Producer

• 6,088 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 07:57 AM

unsurprising.

There's the very ageist attitude that children should be paid less because they are children. I remember hearing the rumor that half the reason Warners wants to replace the three leads in Harry Potter is because instead of spending 4-15 mil on the three leads COMBINED salaries(range for the salaries from movie 1 to movie three), for number four that might jump up to 20-30 million combined! GASP! How CAN warners make a profit with greedy stars like that!

#4 of 40 Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 08:27 AM

I was watching Much Music that other day and she
was doing an interview because apparantely now she
has her own band. She was saying how the professional
writers helped. I thought that was funny. It seems
this could be very true about her being greedy.
The music for her too is a joke.

-Mike

#5 of 40 Rob Bartlett

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 09:56 AM

"Ms Duff could not be reached for comment, at least one that could be made out over the gargling of the hand that feeds her."
"It's no use Robin. Grodd did a masterful job of $%&*ing us"

#6 of 40 Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 10:06 AM

She's what, 15-16? This might be a case of parents and agents exploiting a kid for all she's worth, without regard for her long-term career.

Just call her Macauley Redux.

Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

#7 of 40 Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor

• 656 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
Disney Corp complaining about someone wanting too much money?! What a joke. Maybe they should wake up and take a look at what the CEO of their company is making. If there is anybody making too much money for the value he gives, it has to be Eisner.
Yeah, umm, that's every CEO. Just ask any American Airlines employee.

Why don't we cut through all the bullcrap and just go ahead and blame Disney for everything, including sunspots?

Whenever the laws of any state are broken, a duly authorized organization swings into action. It may be the called the State Police, State Troopers, Militia, the Rangers, or the Highway Patrol THE CITIZENS AUXILIARY POLICE!!! These are the stories of the men whose training, skill, and courage,...

#8 of 40 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
she was doing an interview because apparantely now she
has her own band. She was saying how the professional
writers helped

Then she has a cover band. If you don't write your own songs, you don't "have a band"

One less annoying teenybopper star. And don't say "You would love it when you were that age" and the answer would be "no, I wouldn't". I always knew that children should not have their own TV shows (Malcom ended up being the one exception), nor should they be saving the world in movies

#9 of 40 Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 05:07 PM

Ebert was saying she should trying doign real movies. Now I guess she has to. I'd say her demands were reasonable here. She was onyl making 20% what Frankie Muniz makes. She's not as big a star, but the gap isn't that big.
My Collection

#10 of 40 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
Ebert was saying she should trying doign real movies. Now I guess she has to. I'd say her demands were reasonable here. She was onyl making 20% what Frankie Muniz makes. She's not as big a star, but the gap isn't that big.

Yes it is. Frankie has a hit show on a major network that draws 30x the peepers from a wide and diverse section of age,sex and ethnic background. Hillary has a show that's a hit on the Disney channel, which only teenyboppers watch

That's why he can get $5 million

#11 of 40 Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 08:20 PM

My understanding was that here disney show was fairly well rated. Are you sure the 30x figure is correct?
My Collection

#12 of 40 JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted May 25 2003 - 10:54 PM

Come on, Dan. A "well rated" show on Disney, compared to a bread winner on Fox... that's not even a comparison.

#13 of 40 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 5,978 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted May 26 2003 - 03:55 AM

Good riddance. That little hussy RUINED the Disney Channel.

Enough is enough, Disney. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray.

My DVD/BD List at DVD Aficionado

#14 of 40 Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 04:46 AM

She has plenty of talent. She's certainly a better actress than Amanda Bynes. They just weren't putting her to good use.
My Collection

#15 of 40 JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted May 26 2003 - 05:20 AM

Dan,

Comparing Hillary Duff and Amanda Bynes... Dog Poo and Chicken Poo... it's all crap. Just my opinion, however. I'm just of the opinion that she'll pose for Playboy when she hits 18 now, since by then, she'll be completely broke.

#16 of 40 BertFalasco

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor

• 850 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 05:52 AM

Anyone know how much she is being paid for her next movie, the big screen adoption of The Dirty Dozen?

#17 of 40 John^Lal

John^Lal

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 06:21 AM

I am sorry, but we should not be hearing about a 15 year old actress who has been in 1 movie asking for more money. everyone thinking that they deserve more like its owed to them even when they are still eating from their hand is terrible
Quote:
Comparing Hillary Duff and Amanda Bynes... Dog Poo and Chicken Poo

Posted Image
Quote:
the big screen adoption of The Dirty Dozen?

what, are they gonna get all those other teenybopper idols that are degenerating the nation's/world's kids? britney spears, christina aguilera, hillary duff, shakira...need help filling out the rest of the cast.
My Top 20
My Bottom 20
My DVD Collection
S&S film club, seen 74, last one(s) Once Upon a Time in a America (A), Jules et Jim ©, A Bout de Souffle (B-)
"He'll Live"

#18 of 40 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 06:56 AM

You have to remember, Lizzie McGuire is also run on ABC Saturday mornings as a staple and sold in syndication to local markets as well and runs in the afternoons on some ABC affiliates. So, it gets 2-3 times the run as Malcolm in the middle.. of which she sees none of it
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#19 of 40 JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted May 26 2003 - 11:00 AM

Chris:

To think for one second that she's not getting residuals and that she doesn't have syndication built into her contract is ludicris.

The issue arises with her belief that she's being taken to the cleaners while her series is franchised into film... however, the fact that she's making more per-episode than I make per year is upsetting... and the fact that she's complaining is disgusting. If she were truly being taken advantage of... maybe.

#20 of 40 Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence

Producer

• 3,634 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
Good riddance. That little hussy RUINED the Disney Channel.

I don't know if she was even born yet when the Disney Channel started to suck. :P)

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow