Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anyone else wish Laws of Gravity was on DVD?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   James Zos

James Zos

Supporting Actor

• 727 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 10:16 AM

I'll always remember the first time I rented this on video. Amazing, emotionally overwhelming film that just builds and builds. Incredible acting and the best depiction of criminal street life I've ever seen on the screen. Director Nick Gomez clearly has some familiarity with the world he's depicting and his film makes "crime" movies like The Way of the Gun look like the fake-ass Hollywood product they are. Yes, Laws owes a lot to Mean Streets, but there is nothing wrong with being inspired by the best. I treasure the mono fullscreen VHS copy I own but would love to see it on DVD widescreen with at least a stereo remix. Gomez has gone on to other films and series like Homicide and The Sopranos, but has never equaled this early effort IMO. Does anyone have any idea if it will ever be released on DVD? Has anyone else besides me even seen it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users